Sunday, April 8, 2018

Winter Fun and LGB Baby

...Winter Fun and LGB Baby....

....this Fathers Day our gift to Daddy was season tickets to the Blues...he begged for them...it was necessary for our budding hockey player and a great way to bond with kids and have date nights...he gave me all the angles like the rock star salesman that he is...so the irony is thick... because I think I love these seats the most...and I was certainly the most resistant to the idea....and I've ended up with some amazing date nights with kiddos and enjoyed some phenomenal wins with my littles and with the hubbs too....and the tradition is that we start the evening with a burger at Seamus...this family does fun and food...





...so far I've been to games with this one on January 2nd two years in a row and both resulted in a win...









...and speaking of wins...we finally decided to rip up the carpet in the front rooms....and what seemed like a simple project was actually a bit more than we bargained for...but we got to spend some fun time at Grammie and Papa's to escape the dust...
...and out to see cousin Gregg's band play for dinner...







..and wala....perfect....
...this guy and I stopped into a library after finishing a visit with a friend and a new baby...I adore my fridays with him...
...and speaking of fun things...we got to tour a firehouse with Chase's boy scout troop and everyone was able to take part which is part of what I love about the boy scouts....

...this sweet girl is such a pleasure to be around...and this sweet boy is such a laugh to be around...

...and hockey has led us to some fun adventures already...like multiple games over a weekend in Alton, IL so it was an opportunity to spend time in our favorite city, Grafton, and we had another family join us...there was ice skating (outside of hockey playing) and some great photo opps...
...these hockey players are so sweet to little Brother....

...John and Sherry joined us for the game and snapped a great shot....so great to have great friends over on the IL side when we are able to make it out that way...



...our little cabin was cute...but so cold....like this winter....we couldn't get warm so we had these coats on most of the time....but what a fun weekend...

....Chase and his bff....these two are in the same class, same hockey team and same boy scout Den....so we are together a lot and I couldn't imagine a sweeter friend for him...
...or sillyer...these two...
...and my fearless third born...

...and I had to share this winter memory of my sweet Ava....while studying Martin Luther King and learning about his monumental speech...she had an opportunity to share her own dreams...what a great world would look like to her....and I must admit after the lessons all week...I had to chuckle when she brought this home as her completed work...

...and that is the perfect note to end this post on...because that is life right now...a logistical mess....but oh so fun and funny...a bit short on sleep and patience but long on love, laughs and all things that are truly important....

No comments:

Post a Comment