Sunday, February 19, 2012

After last week's post, I tried to remember and capture all of the fun moments of this week on film. And I am realizing that might be part of the problem. At the end of the work days, the time between getting everyone picked up, home, dinner on the table, bath and bed, leaves little time for photos. But that doesn't mean that we aren't having fun. The week started with Ms. Roxanne giving Ava's hair some serious love! These are her first ponytails and while I am in love with the look, I am going to need some practice! My ponytails are not looking quite like these. Little Princess has some serious hair though, so I better figure it out!



Each week on Saturdays, since November, we have been going to the YMCA for Chase's Basketball league. His friend, Gianna, originally got him involved and we have been loving it ever since! He loves Coach Mike and is actually learning a few things! He stretches with his team and does drills before the 30 minute game at the end. His group is called 'Bitty Ball' and he plays for the Celtics!




The airplane drill is his favorite! He talks about airplanes non-stop and tells me that he is a pilot, just like Daddy!




Chase has always enjoyed being a brother without much jealousy but now he is really starting to learn that Ava is more than just a baby. He told the checker at the grocery on Saturday that 'Ava is my baby SISTER!' He also asked me when he saw another green pumpkin seat at school, 'Mommy, what is that baby sister doing?' He has recently started singing to her and laughing at her, which she adores. I tried to capture one of those moments...when she was jumping like crazy and he decided to jump with her...I'm not sure which one of us was laughing more...





Kirk declared Saturday night as Mexican night early in the week. He got a new recipe idea from his brother that combined grilling and fajitas and we couldn't wait...so any Mexican night has to start like this...


And end with us all at the table, enjoying another great meal from Daddy's grill! Thanks to our recent discovery of the Generation X radio station, most evenings are ending with a dance party in the living room. Chase cracks us up nightly and Ava even contributes by jumping along in her jumper!


And we enjoyed a Sunday of hanging out at home...




We love that there is a school right behind our house. Chase and Daddy fly the remote control airplane and we spend a lot of time on the playground. Chase is dying to go to school there and he still has 3 more years to go. He sits and stares in the windows at the big lunchroom. Today we had a few slide races and then decided it was getting a bit cold...



As I was getting Chase ready for bed tonight, I dried his hair quickly in the towel. I showed him how spiky it looked in the mirror and told him to go show Daddy...he came running downstairs yelling, 'Daddy, Daddy, look at my spooky hair!' He keeps us laughing...


As I type this on Sunday night, I am continuely reminded how blessed I am. The kids do wear us out and are full of energy and suprises, but I couldn't imagine life any other way. They are truly God's greatest gift!



























1 comment:

  1. I can hardly stand those two rosy cheeked little faces. I'm excited for your blog and the fact that Chase is rocking Nike workout pants and that penny in his Y league is about more than I can handle. What a miracle family.
    kate

    ReplyDelete