Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The best of the last few weeks...

...so outside of the Baptism and Ava's birthday...here are a smattering of other fun moments captured on film...starting with a Birthday for another Princess in our house...

...and she got a little extra meal with Daddy on Duty...
...and we had the beginning of Hard Knocks...a show on HBO that is following the Dolphins football team this pre-season...so we must have fish on Tuesdays while watching...we are calling it 'Floridays'...and if you are asking yourself if I am serious, then you must not know Kirk...
..and we had YMCA night at the ballpark and Chase got the chance to go down on the field before the Cardinals play...and my man LOVES the Cardinals...

...and a night out alone with Mommy, Daddy and Grandma topped with a run through McDonald's is pretty special in his world...especially when it includes Papa coming home from Maine when we got home from the game!...and a night out alone with Chase means we need to make time for Ava to get some alone time with Mommy and Daddy...so I am hoping that 'Birthday Brunch' for the girls becomes a tradition in this house...
...because Ava and I sure enjoyed the morning and the special attention from Daddy...
...speaking of Daddy, I had to include this shot of the boys all dressed up too...
...and when it comes to the Princess...she has found herself in some priceless moments recently...

...her real birthday called for more cake..
...I could eat her up...

...and lots of moments of playtime and smiles...

...and we celebrated one last Birthday before I ban cake in this house for a while...mine...
...and bless my sweet family, they were just as eager to celebrate like they hadn't done it for the previous three days...and then it was back to a little more 'normal' with an impromptu dinner out with friends...
...and a trip to 'the Aerotek' as Chase calls it for our first annual 'Bring your kids to work day'...
...and after all the fun, Daddy suggested we spend the weekend with just the five of us...no specific plans and no time lines...so we did just that, we packed up, hit the river and went back to an old favorite, Cedar Hill Resort...and it was perfect for kiddos...and the frozen froggies aren't bad for the adults...



...I have always loved boating but haven't always had the opportunity...but my boys need it...and I have the most well behaved, well mannered 2 year old town when he is boating...because there he is at his happiest...
...and my girls are adventurous and keep me on my toes...which isn't too bad when the weather is nice and the wind is in our hair...

...and Chase took his first real 'boat nap' which I think is possibly the best place to rest your eyes...he asked us if he could take a nap and then requested a pillow...I told Kirk I really hope Chase gets his 'sea stomach' that is totally unaffected by motion...
...and then it was time to call it a weekend...so we headed into the harbor to clean the boat, catch up on some laundry and some sleep and prepare for the week...
...and as I was cleaning up prior to bed time, I said to Kirk, 'It is so sad when the weekend is over!'...and Chase, without missing a beat, said, 'Mommy, It is sooooo sad that Mr. Bear only has one eye!'...and after we stopped laughing, we smiled and said, that's right Buddy, thanks for putting things back into perspective...

...and that surely is the best of the last few weeks...

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Love the picture of Chase on Kirk's shoulders:)

    ReplyDelete