...Count your Blessings...
...Once a year, I am lucky enough to get to join my co-workers on a company trip to Cancun, spouses included...so once year, Grandma and Papa get five days to themselves with these two...
...and while intimidating, I think this year went quite well...at least I know the kids haven't stopped asking for them back...
...but before I get into the pictures of their adventures, I need to step back to the weekend before we left for the trip...it was the St. Louis Boat Show...and Kirk and I have a tradition to go to the show and then go to Charlie Gitto's downtown for dinner...it is a yummy tradition indeed...so we decided to include Chase in this year on the tradition...and since boating has quickly become a passion of his, this day didn't dissapoint...

...it is always a party when Joe and Jan are around...and he got into the italian food the same way we do...I promise there is nothing but water in that sippy...
...it is crazy to watch his pure elation from a day spent with just the three of us...
...and then Mommy and Daddy were off to paradise...
...but there were dry eyes back at home...who would miss Mommy and Daddy with this kind of fun...

...Grandma's getting good at the pigtails...but you have to have your eyes on this one every second or she will end up looking like this...
...she popped a 7th tooth this week and it is big one but it didn't seem to bother her...and she is saying everything she sees...and she knows what is going on...she will answer every question with a head nod or running away...
...and Chase is continuing to crack us up with his imagination...he loves to pretend he is going in his rocket ship or his camping tent...so this Valentine's present was perfect...
...and this present was perfect too...
...Thank you Grandma and Papa for allowing us to get away without a worry...
...and Valentine's Day brought Mommy and Daddy home to enjoy this tradition...
...and even with a little sickness running through the house this weekend...we managed to catch up with eachother and have a fun outing together...
...we have an awesome new place called Myseum right down the road from our house that has a music room, bouncy house and other fun things to explore...it won't be our only time there...
...and this weekend was the first time ever that we conquered the church nursery...and I say conquered because Kirk and I have feared dropping the kids off there, since school can be a challenge and Ava has never been watched in this type of setting...so we have spent 3 plus years entertaining in the pews or quickly shuffling to the quiet room because the diaper bag didn't have enough engaging activities...
...and yet again this morning, we debated quietly the entire drive to church and gave into our fears and avoided it yet again...and three minutes into sitting in the quiet room, which is a funny name for a room full of chaos, Chase looks at me and announces, 'Ava and I want to go to the playroom, please'...in all fairness, we have mentioned it a few times but never gotten a response...so Kirk and I jump out of our seats and run them to the nursery...and left laughing because they practically ran out of our arms...
...glad we've had anxiety about that for so long...God is always working...
...and the rest of the time looked like this...the weekend was perfect...
...we were once again reminded of how precious life can be and how thankful we are for everything we have...and when life can be stressful and chaotic, we need to stop, breathe and find the generosity in the moment instead of focusing on the injustice...and after a few crazy weeks, I am feeling centered again...I won't use the word balanced because I am not sure that there is ever a perfect balance...but I am centered, reminded of all my blessings and ready to attack the world with my priorities in the right place...
...may you have precious moments this week to cherish with your loved ones...












No comments:
Post a Comment