Sunday, March 10, 2013

...One less hour...

...I read a book recently reminding me that everything we do is only as valuable as the energy we put into it...so when trying to balance tasks, leave out the activities you aren't going to give your full energy too...or at least don't expect much out of things you can't give your full commitment...and it is at the forefront of my mind as I spend time lately with my children...

...I am trying to keep my nose out of my phone a little less when they are with me...and I'm trying to make sure we have fun, child focused activities on our plates when we carve out a little time together...

...and this weekend, when we spring forward with our clocks, we have one less hour to soak up each other so we are packing in the fun...
...like on a trip to the grocery store with an elevator ride to the upstairs area where they could pick out a donut for great behavior at church...
 
...and with trips to the Magic House...


...catching these two playing in one picture is getting harder and harder...
...but they were all smiles when trying on new swimsuits for a long overdue trip to Bambi's house in Florida....which is not too far away and we are counting the days...
 ...especially since it has looked like this a lot lately..

...we are also in the mood for an airplane ride since Daddy brought home these slippers earlier in the week...we have decided that you can run super duper fast when wearing these jet slippers...
...and I had to snap a picture of this through my laughter...we had some ceiling work that was getting finished on Friday morning...and I think that I give off the image that I am curled up relaxing on Friday mornings when I am not in the office...but more often it looks something like this...with two workman on ladders, a conference call playing on speaker phone, syrup requests and a barking dog that could not handle the taunting chipmunk out the front window...

...and we finally got a snap of warm weather...and we jumped on the opportunity to get outdoors...and someone is ready to take on the big boy bike...for the first time...

...he mastered pushing down the pedals backward to brake with help from Daddy...
...and this one is more of a wagon girl than a bike rider...at least at this point...
...it is quite a while before pool season...but they are already talking and dreaming about the days of summer...

...and I found some pictures from a visit with Grandma and Papa a little while back and I had to archive the memories...especially because this one cracks me up...I'm not sure who else is in this 'tent' but I'm positive Chase is...he loves getting under the blanket and talking about his pretend camping trips...
...and the funniest part is that Chase has never been camping...
 ...Grandma enjoying the best place in the whole world, sandwiched in between her love bugs...
 ...bye, bye pretty purple ladies...

...and with all that...it is time for some rest and relaxation on this rainy Sunday...
...because we are all a little tired here without that extra hour...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it hard to keep the nose out of the phone when we use it for taking pics of our kids? I struggle too. Love the pics of the museum. Didn't we go there on the verge of getting over the vomit flu? Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete