...Our Maine Event....
...We spent a lot of time anticipating a family trip to Maine...Gramma and Papa have gone up their for years...and I distinctly remember a trip over the Fourth of July around age 10....and I thought then, I will come back here again...especially this time of year...
....so when Gramma and Papa suggested they drive Chase to Maine this summer with them and we come and meet them, we thought it was a great idea...and Chase began looking at pictures of the rental house back in February...as soon as it was booked...and I'm not sure if he was more excited about the boats...or the bunk beds in the cottage...
...So when the day finally came, he had been literally counting down...his bags were packed and I dropped him off with Gramma and Papa to begin their four day journey that would end in Maine...
...and I will have to do a separate blog about their adventures because I don't have all the pictures...but it sounded like a great time and a true adventure...
...all while Mommy, Daddy and Ava stayed home and packed for our flight to meet the adventurers...and a certain someone was missing her bro bro...
...all while Mommy, Daddy and Ava stayed home and packed for our flight to meet the adventurers...and a certain someone was missing her bro bro...
...she ran frantically into the bathroom on Chase's first night away and shrieked...bro bro jake tooofbrush! GONE!!....She is putting together thoughts and sentences and really making us all laugh...
...and our first stop was this Lobster Pound...we had a six hour drive to meet them in Bar Harbor, ME so when we couldn't hold out any longer...we gave Ava her first taste of lobster...
...she loved it and now lovingly calls them 'lubstahh's'...
...and then at 9:30pm we arrived...and although it was late, and we all had a long travel day, you would have thought we just woke up...no one could stop talking and these two settled quickly in between Gramma and Papa...
...and once the light of day dawned...we could see what a cute house this was from the front...

...although it left a few things to be desired...it had plenty of room and situated us in the center of town...
...which meant we were a short walk to the 'shore path', the town square, and the Bar Harbor waterfront...and we set out to explore them all...
...and we had to make a trip to the famous Acadia National Park to see Thunder Hole...
...the views are breathtaking and they even inspired some uncommon, sweet sibling moments...
...and our explorations led us to the reason behind the name 'Bar' Harbor...this sand bar that we were standing on is only visible half of the day...during low tides...and it connects the main land to Bar Island...and it provides entertainment for little ones in the form of live, moving baby crabs, hermit crabs and lots of shells and rocks for skipping...I can't believe the change in the tides...up to 8 feet differences every 6 hours...
...this is the restaurant at the Bar Harbor Inn...and it is the best Clam Chowder and Mojitos you've ever tasted...and the best view...
...and then it was more 'shore path' and then home...Chase was certain he could move the 'Balance Rock'...
...and this was just the first two days...
...and this Maine trip also had a Birthday smack in the middle of it...which provides a nice break to the blog...

...stay tuned for archives from Daddy's big day and the rest of our time up North...





















Gorgeous pics. Chase is such a big boy and Ava is a little girl now. Her hair is so long and I can only imagine all of her talking. I need to see them SOON! XXOO Can't wait for the next post!!!!
ReplyDelete