...When trying to get caught up on photos for the blog...I came across a particularly fun weekend that I needed to share...this was towards the end of my sixth month leave when I was soaking up the family time and had finally gained the confidence to tackle adventures with all three little ones...
...like playdates with our first friends...Glenn and Gianna...
...and riding bikes to the grocery store to stock up for the weekend with all three helpers...and for the record, they behaved really well...but they have trouble helping since they eat their way through the isles...
...we surprisingly made it home with no boo boos and all of our fresh foods...
...and then it was time to pack up and head out to the river...which we didn't know it but it would be our last weekend out on Ms. America...she sold in August...and it wasn't because we don't want to boat anymore...not in the slightest...it is because five people and a golden retriever no longer fit in the boat we had...we had pushed the envelope too far when Chase declared, I can't sleep like this anymore with Mommy's feet all over me and Paxton so close to me! And Kirk and I agreed....


...but we still had time for Paxton to get his first experience at Cedar Hill...and enjoy a beautiful weekend on the water with his siblings...
...and Ava got a nice nap while we enjoyed the Illinois River...
...and as I wrapped up the weekend...I can't help but think about how much I've enjoyed the little moments this summer...the moments where their personalities shine, the moments I might have missed in the flurry of full time employment, or just the moments that I know will be gone all too soon....
...but until then, I'll smooch and capture whenever I can...












No comments:
Post a Comment