Sunday, January 25, 2015

...December 2014...

...thinking back on the holiday season with warm thoughts...

...so Thanksgiving ended with Mommy and Daddy jumping on a plane to get away and celebrate 10 years of wedded bliss...and celebrate for five days with no kiddos while Bambi and Coley Pop and Grammie stepped in to make sure Mommy and Daddy could get away...so Dec. started like this for us...

...and while we missed the everyone dearly...we blinked and we were back to reality...but not without making some memories, getting some rest and letting our minds truly relax....

...I thank God everyday that he led me to my best friend...our lives are crazy, chaotic, blessed and full...and I never imagined it could be so fun....I credit many things to the solidarity of our marriage and friendship...because there is no one I would rather spend time with, no one that makes me laugh harder, smile bigger or cherish more...

...although there are three little people that sure come close...
...well, four, sorry Marley...
...and this Christmas involved some firsts...
...he wasn't quite sure about this guy...but he kept a good attitude...

...and it involved some traditions...we aren't a 'cut down the tree family'...we go to the tree lot that is run by our church...but our tradition is bringing the whole family, including Mar to select the perfect tree...

...and I must admit...I'm enjoying the helpers...

...and they were ready to go see the big guy at the mall...Ava selected her dress from Christmas last year...and I'm really picking and choosing my battles these days...

...besides...Paxton's sweater has seen a Christmas before too..

...and we conquered the holiday concert at Goddard...the last for Chase...
...he is the farthest one to the left...and this group will break up next year as they go to Kindergarten...although a few will go together to Kehrs Mill...

...and my Avabelle...she is one of the few girls in the class but she tells me every day...she is best friends with everyone in her class...and if I insist she tell me who is her favorite...she says, 'Awww of dem are my favorites Mommy!'

...and a few days before the holiday we got to spend a quick visit with family as they were passing through on the way to Key West from Colorado...
...and then the presents began...

...and these guys get spoiled beyond belief...

...and we baked cookies Christmas Eve before heading to Church...


...and got them ready for Santa...and Daddy whipped up a delicious Gourmet Pasta...
..and they got one more early gift and the traditional reading of 'the night before Christmas/ before it was time for bed...

...and we got surprisingly little push back at bedtime...although we did have to take Ava back to her bed at 4am when she came bounding in our room claiming that Santa had been here...

...and Mac, our Elf, spent his last evening here...observing and hoping for good behavior to report back to Santa...and I have got to say...I'm not sure about his reporting skills....

...because I love my littles with all my heart and soul...but I cannot honestly tell you their behavior this year warranted this...









...but perhaps it did, regardless, they were beyond excited with each and every gift...this was the year of Ava...she 'lubbed everything' she received...there is something about a three year old and presents...

...but it will do a number on a five year old too...and his Papa...


...and just like that...we were spent and Christmas was over...but not without so much celebrating that naps were long, and bellies and hearts were full...

..so we relaxed a bit but after five days in the house...we took advantage of winter break and a nice day and hit the zoo....






...and introduced the kids to St. Louis's best burger...
...it didn't disappoint...
...and winter break was all about my helpers...


...who don't always help Daddy...
...and just like that it was time for New Years...and we were all a little psyched about a new year and a party at the neighbors house...
...there was plastic champagne flutes full of juice for the littles...

...and plenty of real flutes and spirits for the adults...

...and the plan was to watch the Mizzou game and sleep at Grammie and Papa's the next day...but in typical Paxton fashion....Grammie and I were off to the hospital with little buddy when his temperature hit 104.4...and all was well but he was fighting off RSV, Croup and double ear infections...

...but these two were not going to let there sleepover be interrupted, so Daddy and Papa entertained at their house...
...and a good evening was had by all...and a great holiday season...

...and this is what Christmas is now...a faint, hazy memory...but the warmth of the season and the birth of our Savior is living in me as we tackle a new year and continue to focus on enjoying the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment