...What's New...
...so what have we been up to...well, finally caught up on blogging, all the Christmas decorations away...I think...and we've been settling into 2015...
...we made a list of goals for 2015...each person got to decide a goal...well, we helped Pax...
Paxon-learn to walk
Ava-learn to swim without a life jacket
Chase-learn to read...and he is well on the way...
Mommy-take a vacation with the five of us
Daddy--same as Mommy and have alone time with each of the three kiddos...
...and I am feeling refreshed, revitalized and excited for the year...
...this year, we will take our first vacation as a family of five, Chase will start school at Kehrs Mill, Ava will begin dance class, we will say goodbye to babyhood once and for all, and there will be so many more things we don't even know yet...
...so we are taking time this January to slow down, say no to extra weekend plans and spend time together...enjoying our new presents from the holiday, organizing and cooking healthier foods, and just spending time laughing at the budding personalities in our home...
...we've got a few diehard football fans in this house...

..even if the Dolphins are out of it...
...and we have been trying out some new winter sports...
...and starting some new team sports...like Flag Football...
...and just hanging out and enjoying any decent day by the smoker...this family doesn't like to be indoors...
...and continuing some old traditions like the St. Louis auto show...
...this will be the last Auto Show that cousin Barrett isn't a Daddy...he is going to do great his little Princess coming this summer...
...and this guy is enjoying some time on the mend between two brutal ear infections, croup, RSV and a snotty nose that kept going for days...but he sure is happy when he is healthy...and he can take this thing from one end of the family room to the other...while he can crawl, he spends much more time working on his walking skills...and then clapping for himself when he falls down...
...trying to get these three to look at the camera is getting harder and harder...
...this little three toothed man was my lunch date after church today...
...and with him more mobile...we like to say that 'it's getting real' around this house...which is the nice way for saying, 'it's completely crazy'...and I think we do a decent job of keeping our sense of humor but the days can be exhausting...so darn funny, wouldn't change them for a second, but exhausting...just making a meal and cleaning up is enough to take a grown women down without caffeine of some sort...and three of those meals on a weekend day almost always requires wine by the end of the evening...
...but the personalities and conversations that are happening over those meals are amazing...they are funny, they are silly, they are sometimes scary but they are always entertaining...who knew the kids would ask so many questions about death or Jesus or Santa...sometimes in the same sentence...and who knew how much they would inquire and get excited about our family vacation which is still over three months away...and who knew how sweet their love for each other would be...in spite of the jealousy and anger that also comes with living so closely with another human being...
...and who knew also what a mess three mobile little people could make...I can't even describe how quickly they can make simultaneous messes and how much effort it takes to guide direct the clean up efforts...like this afternoon when they had backpacks full of toys and were pretending they were going to their 'wuerk's and they needed all this stuff to take to the office' so I let them go...until they came in and started to take my glass measuring cup, Kirk's resistance band and my meat thermometer....they will stop at nothing to relocate every item we own...
...but I am in awe of it all...how uniquely different three siblings can be...how much love I can have for four other people...and how it gives me the strength each day to do the very best I can in hopes that they will learn how to create such a great life for themselves in the future...
...so in between the exhaustion, the cleaning, the time outs, I smile...because I wouldn't change a second of it...well, maybe I would delete a potty accident or two...but really, not a thing..this is the happily ever after I dreamed of...no, more...it is more than I ever dreamed of...










No comments:
Post a Comment