...the winter days haven't drug on like normal...we've been very intentional to make family time for the five of us...to try and cook healthy dinners at least five nights a week...to continue reading stories and the bible each night with the kids, well at least the majority of the nights...and to get back to normalcy...for whatever normalcy is when you have three little munchkins...
...and normal starts off with getting back into the school routine and back to our activities...like spirit week...starting with 'wear your favorite sports team'...and a little buddy watching his big sis practice her ballet....
...and kindergarten night at the Martial Arts studio...where they were told that all their practice would lead them up to a chance to break a board....and Chase was a bit concerned about how hard that might be....so he was very proud to break it on his first try...
...and the talent show....Chase and 7 of his kindergarten buddies danced to One Direction's, 'Drag Me Down'...
...watching him perform without nerves in front of 900 people was a bit more than either of us expected when we jumped in to this talent show thing...
...and then Mom and Dad were off to Cancun for Mom's awesome work trip...and Bambi and Coley Pop flew in to spend four nights and five nights with the munchkins...
...and to say that they had a blast is an unerstatement...although they battled sicknesses and cold temps, they made memories that they are still talking about one month later...
...we had little chefs cooking pizza and someone super happy with their gift from the trip....
...this isn't two babies in Paxton's bed...it's just Mickey and Paxy....
...and then it was time for Super Bowl...we were so excited to have Super Bowl with Bambi and Coley Pop before they headed back to Florida...and in typical Bambi style, the food was superb...and the company wonderful too...
...and then it was back to normalcy...for some bowling in the basement...
...a winter choral concert with a Carnival theme...
...and a Valentine's party for my little Princess and a weekend of celebrating Valentine's as a party of five...
...and I was so proud of this Valentine from Chase...he let us know that he decided to make our Valentine's about our work...so Daddy clearly is an airplane salesman...and Mommy puts people to work...and he let me know the guy is driving to his first day of work with a smile on his face...and his new job is in the high rise building he drew...which melts my heart....and is truly the vision I want my children to have about the work I do with my company day in and day out...
..,and on school days...I get to hang with these three...and as the days warm up...we venture out more and more to enjoy our time...
...normalcy lately has also included a lot of Birthday parties, especially for my Princess...and thankfully Chucky Cheese has remodeled lately...because a lot of the local four year olds are huge fans of the rat with a C on his shirt...
...and Daddy Daughter Dance snuck up on us before I was off on a work trip...
...and visions like this were perfect to take along with me while I was gone for a few nights...
...and Momma was back just in time for our families favorite day of the year
...the STL boat and sports show....
...and we finished it with our traditional dinner at Charlie Gitto's...pasta and pizza and reading the boat magazines we picked up...
...and these two little buddies summed up a fun weekend with playing with their dress up clothes...I surely love this officer and engineer...
...and I laugh...I themed this post...normalcy...and it included two trips, lots of activities for each kid, and tons of great family time...but that is our family time...this five-some moves quickly, enjoys moments in time, and cherishes time together....
...and I guess when I dreamed it up...that's all I ever hoped for...a normal life with four beautiful people that I get to spend most every one of my days along side of...
...savoring every moment of this normal span of life...






























No comments:
Post a Comment