Sunday, February 28, 2016

Winter Fun

...Joy in the Journey...

...January has brought the cold temperatures that we are used to for a Missouri winter...
...thankfully Santa brought us new hats this year so we are warm and matching...now if the Dolphins could only make it into the post season...but that's for another post...
...and Mom likes to borrow Santa's gifts...especially for a date night on the slopes...
...snow boots arrived just in time for the snow too...
...as did underwear and headbands which are great for any season....

...Sesame Street Live was a nice suprise from Grammie...whose really starting to become our Mimi thanks to Paxton...Grammie is just too much of a mouthful...
...a great way to spend a Friday morning...
...these guys were so engaged in the two hour performance that Grammie and Mommy almost dozed off....so peaceful at the Peabody with two engaged littles...

...and then it was time for Chase's 100th day of school parade...
...we had spent time counting out 100 goldfish and planning an prepping to make the perfect shirt...and with the help of the neighbors fabric glue...we had one cool kid and a 100 goldfish ready for the 100th day parade...
...and this one has been having some fun with birthday parties lately...she spends more time at chucky cheese than I do at the grocery lately (which is so very much!)...and she also had one at the gymnastics center....I'm thankful for the fun times and energy she is getting out at these parties while I get to chat with the other girl momma's....

....and we've had fun lately just hanging around and playing with toys...

...like Mom's old pinball machine from when I was a kiddo...
...and fun just hanging around...I caught him right before this shot literally hanging from the refrigerator doors...
...I just finished an article on truly enjoying the joy of the journey...and I won't do a great job summarizing but what hit me was this...these three beauties that test my patience and my sanity sometimes every second we are together...that will be gone raising their own families in the blink of an eye...and I know I will look back and pine for just an hour with them like this...when pants were optional, smiles were plentiful, laughter and rowdiness expected and love was so thick in the air you could almost taste it...

....so today I enjoyed every moment on this incredible journey the Lord has blessed me with...every moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment