Wednesday, May 25, 2016

...Kindergarten...Nailed It...


...so I walked into Kehrs Mill Elementary this morning a bit nostalgic...my baby was going to be finished with Kindergarten today...the baby who had been so shy starting school when he was one...the baby who often played on his own at the toddler birthday parties....the baby who loved to follow the crowd in his preschool days...the baby who walked into Kindergarten willing to take pictures with Mom and a little concerned about his daily afternoon plans and who would walk with him home for the 100 yards he would be alone...

....yep, that little dude finished kindergarten today...he walked out of Mrs. LaRocca's classroom for the very last time...and this year, not only did he learn to read like a pro, do addition on paper and in his head, do subtraction on paper and in his head, make beautiful artwork with meaning and so many more skills...yes, he learned that...but he also developed into a confident little leader in his classroom....I've heard things from teachers this year like...such a great student...manages to rise up around bad behavior and always make good choices...all of the girls just love Chase...and Chase has been selected to represent Kehrs Mill in a special ceremony at the local high school based on how great of a kid he is every day at Kehrs Mill Elementary...

...the local high school being Mommy's old high school, Marquette...and the graduating seniors in the ceremony were a few neighbors of ours that Kirk & I met when they were in Kindergarten...who have grown into amazing young people and celebrating the end of an era for them this week....yep, lots of nostalgia lately...

...and what a nice surprise to find out a best buddy from preschool was also selected from to represent his elementary school...
...so when I walked in as a volunteer for Fun and Field day for his last day today...I was a but nostalgic, a bit proud but mostly a bit emotional...and then I saw a little guy wearing a shirt that said...'Kindergarten...Nailed it'...and I laughed to myself and knew that I had my blog title...and I also knew that I didn't need to be sad because Chase had done just that in Kindergarten, Nailed it...and this was only the beginning of a great scholastic career...
...and fun and field day was held indoors with impending rain...

....but relay races in the gym and face painting is fun anywhere...


...some of the boys...
...and the pictionary stars...

...fun and field day is also a nice time to relax with the teachers and the loads of other Momma's that want to be a part of the kiddos days...while the school still wants the volunteers and our littles still want the time with us...

...yes, it was a great few hours to cap off a great year...

...good work in Kindergarten buddy...this is just the beginning...you make us so proud to be your mom and dad daily...

...congrats on a year well done Chase...

No comments:

Post a Comment