Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Summer Sports

...Summer Sports...

...swim team was an exciting adventure for this year...I never did swim team but I've envisioned the kids doing it since we bought the house with the pool...Chase has been a fish since age 3...Ava followed in his footsteps, so it seemed logical to get them doing it daily...

...so we signed them up, started the daily practice, and ordered the suits and swim caps and we were off to the races...

...literally...

...but no sooner did my friend and veteran swim mom say to me, 'I can't believe how eager your kids are to jump in the pool...our first year was so tough'...and my sweet four year old Ava found herself a little nervous on the starting block...

...and for her age there were very few swimmers...one in this meet...out of 300 kids...so I can't say I blame her...

...so my little courageous one made me a deal...swim this race and then no more...
...and I'm proud to say that she earned every bit of that ribbon and then became Chase's swimming cheerleader...
...and this little fish started winning races from meet one...
...we still have a few to pick up...but most importantly they both improved their swimming times dramatically, learned new strokes and gained confidence...I am one proud Momma...

...and speaking of proud...dance recital time came around again this May and included ballet and tap this year...




...and my little ballerina has mixed reviews on if she wants to continue dance next year...she's not much for anything super scheduled...she likes spontaneity which I can appreciate...but I'm still looking to find my perfect parental balance....

...regardless...my biggest wish is that they gain confidence in themselves to try new things, make new friends and conquer their fears...and it is safe to say that this season has accomplished all of those things and more... 

...for both my little athletes...


No comments:

Post a Comment