...Easter....
....I can't wait to relive this one through the pictures....what a wonderful time....always is at Big Cedar Lodge...although this was our first time for Easter....and it came on the heels of losing our sweet Marley....less than a week later....so it is interesting because it sure felt like getting away couldn't have come at a more perfect time....and Big Cedar really does it up for Easter...
...like The Bunny to greet you on arrival...
...and incredible Spring Time views around every corner....
...these ages are so incredibly fun...and I say that so far at every age...but I love sharing experiences with this crew...things that they remember...things that the love...things that mean the world to me just to do together...like mini golf...where keeping score wasn't as important as keeping eyes on the balls and putters from hole to hole...
...and things like preparing for a tooth fairy visit with my tooth fairy pillow that this little one uses now....and uses a lot lately....
...and warm sunshine drew us to the marina like a magnet...leave it to Kirk to negotiate a one hour rental so we can take in the views while we waited for the room to be cleaned...even though they normally rent for four hours....and the rental pontoon boats at Big Cedar make everyone in my family thinking about a different boat....
...traditions are solid in this trip...and always in this family...and one of those is dinner at Branson's Landing and the zip line...it is oh so fun but felt oh so expensive this year....maybe because this is the first year to one was too scared to go....
...and as soon as they were backing up over the cold dark river....I started really questioning my parenting letting these two go alone....but they zoomed back safe and sound and were able to join this crew for some fishing the next day....
...and they didn't stop running when it came to the Easter Egg Hunt...Big Cedar really does it up....
...and everyone did so awesome that even in June I am finding Easter Candy...
....I'm loving the three emerging personalities...starting with the one on the left...a studious little school and book lover with a variety of great friends....and the funny baby in the middle that is shy to those he doesn't know or remember but couldn't be more opposite with his family and the eldest...a handsome sports lover with a tender heart....who loves his best friend Jack, Hockey and all things cute like puppies and bears....although he warns me that he doesn't always share the last part....
...and they all have an wild side that usually they hold private for their siblings and those closest to them....
...what a chilly yet beautiful day...
...and then it was time for the Bunny's arrival...
...and did he ever arrive....
...he brought more eggs, more smiles and certainly more than we needed....so we showered up and went to worship in a local church to proclaim His Resurrection and experience a new church together followed by a host of questions around Heaven....it's all gotten so real with our sweet Marley bounding in the pastures of Heaven and no longer with us....
...for them and for this, I am so grateful....I never deserved life's richest blessings but I am humbled to raise these three along with our village...and share their love and personalities with our village....
...and it isn't all sunshine and rainbows....
...like I said...they save the wild side for the ones that they are the closest....
...Thank you Grammie and Papa for another amazing trip....thank you for putting up with us, welcoming us always with open arms and making our fun and experiences so rich with love and life...
...xoxoxo...
No comments:
Post a Comment