Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mr. Mom...


...once a year, I have a sales meeting that runs from Thursday-Sunday that I must attend...and while I enjoy it and continue to get so much out of it year after year, I dread leaving my family for the whole weekend...so I sneak in any extra moments I can with them before I leave for the weekend...and Ava's gym class with Gramma was my special 'extra' time this week... ...she has been going to class once a week with Gramma for the last two months and just loves watching the other babies...she is the youngest of the class, so she is fairly content to sit back and smile as the others run around...but she did start clapping and waving over the last week or so, so she practiced those skills and impressed her teachers...she loves the jumper and the swings the most...



...but that was the end of my time and I was off... I did what I could to prepare Kirk for the weekend solo, because even I have only done it one time...but to be very honest, I was never too worried....I get every Friday alone with the kids and every Friday night I tell Kirk, 'I absolutely love my Friday's' so I knew that he would come out of the weekend with the same attitude...but what I didn't know is how seamless it would be...not only did he show the kids an awesome weekend, but he kept me up to date on all of their adventures...starting with this one, he called, 'Happy Hour'...



...and if you know Kirk then you know when he is going to do something, he is going to do it the best, the biggest, and most...so when he confessed that he had this day planned the whole week, I wasn't too surprised...and while I was very sad to miss this visit with the Bunny...I was bursting with pride at the thought of him getting the kids up, fed, dressed (even with a bow!), and off to visit with the bunny as soon as he arrived at the mall...



...Chase later told me that he saw the bunny hop in and he told him he wanted eggs and candy...and then they were off to the cars which became one of Chase's favorite places this winter...



...and I laugh because we discussed how the carousel would be pretty tough with both of them and probably not a good idea...but Daddy was determined...and even got pictures to prove it...






...and then they would stop for lunch and head home for nap time...when Daddy would check on his crock pot meal he had going for dinner...which he was making for Gramma and Papa who were coming to hang out and help with bath time and bed time...and I can tell you first hand that it was very yummy because Daddy saved some for me...





...and both nights, Daddy admitted that Chase didn't have his normal bed time...Daddy and Chase both have a love for airplanes, so they would watch take offs and landings over and over on the ipad and play airplanes...until way too late...

...and then I would get a minute to talk to Daddy and catch up on the days events...and while I guess it shouldn't surprise me...it reminds me how blessed I am when I think about how well the three of them (and Marley) operated on their own...





...and I must say that while I hate being away, I am reminded once a year at this meeting, how much my company does for me and my family...and because the company has matured so much in the last 12 years that I have been there, I am able to work the schedule that I do, while being able to provide things for my children that I wouldn't be able to without this company...





...but that being said, I was literally running to my car this morning once the airport shuttle let me off...to say I was excited to get home might have been the understatement of the year...and it was a gorgeous day and I got to my back door before 11am...and I don't have a picture of the greeting I got, other than the one etched in my brain, but there was a shoeless little guy running to my car door yelling, 'Mommy, Mommy!' and Daddy with a little princess grinning from ear to ear...





...and within seconds I was right back in the middle of our family as if I had never left...and Chase was very pleased with his present from Nashville, a new airplane, and he also had presents for me...he went and found 'pretend' presents that he wanted me to have...and Ava was clapping and smiling too...

...so as most of my co-workers were sleeping off a long weekend, we headed out for a walk to enjoy the weather and put some ribs on the smoker...it was time to play...Chase eats ribs like most kids eat hot dogs...he loves BBQ...and he told me tonight that his very favorite food is brisket...he couldn't be more like his Daddy if he tried...






....and my princess enjoyed her first bites of meat this evening and liked them much better than Chase at this age...and eating outside is such a nice bonus this time of year...although a little foggy because I literally had to grab the camera to catch this...but this is Chase telling me that he is cleaning his hands, all my himself...kind of...







...and I am back to my favorite place in all the world, Home Sweet Home...

No comments:

Post a Comment