Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm at my happiest...

That was Kirk's idea for the blog post this week and I like it! We had lots of moments this weekend that remind us, 'I'm at my happiest...right here and right now!'

But the week was hectic and didn't start out full of bliss. We are still trying to perfect the schedule in the evenings and Mondays and Wednesday's are the craziest since we don't get home until a little after 6 when Ava's screaming in starvation and Chase is right behind her...

So I thought that Chase might be able to help me out while we were putting dinner together and feed Ava some cheerios since she hasn't quite mastered feeding them to herself. And even though he was feeding himself three times the amount he was feeding her, I was pleased with him and my ability to keep them both occupied...

...but this is what the tray looked like right after I said, 'count out 1-2-3 cheerios and don't put any more than that on her tray'...listening is still very selective in his world...


...and even with all the chaos we managed to get away and see 'Bring it On' at the Fox and had awesome seats...and we also figured out that it was the first time we've been out with my parents without the little ones...since we HAD the little ones...much too long!



...and as long as the work week feels while you are in it...the weekend was here and the weather was really cooperating...so we took a chance on our favorite little restaurant and got the BEST table for our family...outside and alone for most of the meal...and the kids really were great but that doesn't make for as fun of a picture...

...I love my Friday mornings with Chase, Ava and I alone...and I couldn't help but laugh when 10 minutes into our day I look up to find this scene...'Dance with me, Ava, Dance!'


...and shortly thereafter we were off to meet a friend at the park for a play date...and Ava's first time in the swings...I'd say she enjoyed...




...we have been excited about Soccer for a while, especially since Coach Mike was going to be our Coach again...and although getting suited up wasn't the most fun, we were ready and super excited...a little about soccer and a lot about the field being right next to Daddy's work so there were lots of airplanes flying over...


...our little star even scored a goal...





...Soccer is much more fun when you play with a friend...


...and when you have a cheerleader!...and your own cheering section...




...we had a few trips onto the wrong field, lots of pauses for airplanes, a quick trip to the concession stand and a little bit of soccer playing, but all in all a very fun time...lots of running around outside and lots of humor for the Mommy's and Daddy's...there are, after all, 30 little 2 year olds playing...


...and after a quick change out of our shin guards, we loaded up Marley and Gramma and Papa and headed out to the boat for the first ride of the season...and the day was full of fun, love, adventures and sunshine...










...I'm watching a very cool bond form between Daddy and Chase...not only do they love the same things, but they love in the same way, full of passion...and they are passionate about boats...they've spent all winter talking about how they will drive the boat together once it is warm again...



...no boat trip is complete without a stop in Grafton...we caught up with old friends, enjoyed wine on the hill side, met a kitty cat, played with Papa and Gramma and practiced a bit of soccer...





...and then it was time to head back...



















...what a wonderful afternoon on the river...and after so much fun, we crashed hard...especially without naps....we needed the rest and a Sunday with no plans...so we finished chores and prepared for the week but still managed to squeeze in lots of fun...including Ava's first bites of avocado and since Chase and Daddy aren't fans, it is my mission to get Ava to like them...they say that a child may not like something until they have tried it 12 times...looks like I might need the 11 more on this one...


..I'm loving watching the new things they are doing...Chase rode his bike all the way through our neighborhood today which is more than a mile...and Ava is getting so strong on her feet and scooting from one side of the living room to the other...it's a matter of time before we need the gates again... ...I spent the week trying to get life back together after not having a day at home in 11 days...and it was stressful but I'm finally feeling a little more in control...my goal is to try and laugh when I am the most stressed and while I don't do it 100% of the time...I am proud to say that I can laugh a lot more than I ever thought I would...and when I lay in bed each night completely worn out, I smile from ear to ear thinking about all of my blessings...


...have a great week...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you blog and I can get little glimpses in your life....at least the detailed glimpses that Kirk leaves out on our phone calls :) Ava looks stunning in Callie's old princess bling dress.....I say old, but Callie wore it twice. Love that the cousins share. 29 more days!!!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete