Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In the summer swing...

...I have always loved all of the seasons and the older I get the more I realize how much I anticipate the change...but as long as I can remember...summer is my favorite...the long days, the late meals, the hours outdoors, and the exhaustion of a sun kissed day of swimming are my favorites...and our family has really been soaking it up lately...


...and the pool has proved to be the gathering place we hoped it would be...



...but we have also taken some time alone to enjoy the milestones that are passing daily...with both of the munchkins...Ava's on the move and tooth number two popped through last week on the 3rd...she officially has the two bottom teeth...
...and every bit of our hearts...
...and I find her everywhere these days...riding in the Cozy Coupe...

...pausing to reset in yet another attack from her brother...
...cooking...kind of...
...with her hand in the cookie jar...
...or just reading with Daddy...

...and for the record, she will sit with no one else and read like this...
...and this is the most adventurous place I have caught her...so far...this one is going to be a mover and a shaker...
...and then there is my little buddy who is getting older and braver by the day...he says he is no longer afraid of boom booms, which are fireworks and thunder storms, although he still talks about them a lot, and he went to bed during a thunderstorm this week and has stopped the crying during school drop offs...for now, anyway...
...and we are starting to do more big boy things like pick out and explain gifts...

...and have our first ever movie night, complete with the trip to blockbuster to choose the perfect movie and read all of the backs together...The Cars won out and held his attention the entire time...as well as ours...a bucket of popcorn midway through didn't hurt either...
...and go for a mid afternoon date with Mommy to the trampoline place, complete with potty breaks and full conversations with other jumpers...
...he is such a little man with his thoughts, ideas and his extensive conversations...

...and Kirk and I took advantage of the long 4th of the July holiday with cooking some new recipes...once we stocked up on all the ingredients with our little helpers...


 ...and the cooking and the wine came together quite nicely...
...and another beauty of summertime that we haven't had enough of this year is the late day rain shower to cool it all down...
...and we've needed a bit of a cool down with record heat and 8 plus days over 100+ without rain...so we will continue to enjoy and soak up everything this summer has to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment