Friday, June 14, 2013

...Summer strikes...
...I wanted to call this blog...too much fun to blog...but that doesn't really describe what's been going on...although in a lot of ways it does...Kirk said to me, 'it's been a while since you've blogged, are you done?' and I instantly grabbed my computer...

...I hate to lose track of this blog...especially since it is the way that I am able to reflect on how great life is...the little reminder of all of those blessings that can stress me to my core...yet will be the memories of the greatest years of my life...

...so without further ado...the last few weeks of our lives started with Ballwin Days...our favorite fair...and like everything else this spring, there was more rain to contend with than we cared for...but we still made some memories...

...like Daddy's first ride with the kids...the tiltawhirl...and they all had a blast...I couldn't believe it...


...the waverunners were a sibling favorite though...



...and this one scared the pants off me...but not the boys...and I wasn't even riding...


...and the kids humored me with a ride...the hot air balloons...which was high enough for Mommy...
...and we got the time to squeeze in a bit of fun with Chase's best buddy since he was little...Gianna and Chase have been friends since 4 months old and I am so glad to be friends with Gianna's Mommy so we can continue to share these growing memories...
...and then we were off to the Lake of the Ozarks...because we missed our normal Easter trip so Daddy was dying for some lake time and Mommy wanted some outlet mall time...so we booked a room last minute on the edge of the lake...and the kids were not disappointed with the view...

...and I was happy to know that they had pizza close by...I am in a terrible weekend mandatory pizza phase....
...and my little man was so happy...he was stretching his muscles and enjoying every minute...



...and I am becoming one of those parents...the one I said I wouldn't be...but he loves this mobie go system and it teaches him letters and spelling...all while Jake climbs trees and vines...and allows a few minutes of peace for dinner diners...so we allow it at the table at a restaurant...

...and we got some time in at the playground right outside of our room...this resort was built for our age group...

...and we snuck in a visit to a prospect of Kirk's...Daddy's job introduces us to the neatest people...and we got to take a dip in one of the coolest pools on the lake...


..and because it is a prospect...we didn't intend to stay...meaning we came dressed in nice clothes, not swimsuits...but they were so inviting...Chase and Ava couldn't resist...and they emailed us this picture titled...'Great for when Chase turns 16'...


...and the rest of the time we spent on the waterslide...literally..the same waterslide...two days in a row for hours upon end...and I have no idea who had the most fun...


...I couldn't belive their fearlessness...everyone went solo at least once on their own desires...I have some daredevils on my hands...

...and I labeled this one, 'even drying off is fun at Tan Tar a!'...

...and now we focus on this guy...
...and look forward to celebrating our Daddy...

..Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there...

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the two of them drying off is a framer! It's like a little Kirk and a little Erica staring back at us. Beautiful babies! JULY! JULY! I need to see them this July!!!!!

    ReplyDelete