Tuesday, September 10, 2013

...Grandparents Day...

...We are back in the swing of school, we've beaten the first sickness of the season that rears its head right at week one, and Ava is getting settled into the Bunny room nicely...but Mr. Chase is really coming into his own when it comes to school...he is in a true preschool classroom and I am finding their curriculum very fun...he focuses on a new letter every week and last week said to me, Mommy, what does S-U-N-N-Y spell? Sunny!!!  ha ha!  I was shocked to say the least...he is also enjoying lots of Birthday parties and being in the same class again with his best buddy Carter...

...the second week of school brings "Grandparents Day" which apparently by the time you get to the Dragonflies class is a big hit...Gramma and Papa said the room was packed...
...and the activity fell on Ava's day off school so we went and did all of her required screenings while Chase was at school with Gramma and Papa...and at just over two years old, she is at 90% in weight, 95% in height and achieving in all areas of communication, motor skills and problem solving...which I am so thankful for...and also makes me laugh, because I could have told you she is a problem solver...the way she can reach high above her head and pull all of the art supplies out of the art drawer so quickly and quietly that Daddy and I don't even notice when she is off and painting or coloring...and we are typically in the same room...but I digress...
...this is Chase's school binder that follows him from when he started (age 1, so two years ago) and is updated with his work, hand prints, etc....you can see he doesn't get too far from the best buddy...

...and they shared cookies and juice which is also a favorite of Papa's so it worked out quite nicely...


...and at the end he presented Gramma and Papa with his special project he completed the day before...he was very proud of his work...

...and from the tales of the day...I'm not sure who had the most fun......but I know that Grandparent's Day tops the list of 'must do' activities every year and I appreciate that Gramma and Papa were able to join him...as I know that he does too...

...and this is just the beginning of the school stories that I look forward to recounting...because they didn't always start out so S U N N Y...that is for sure...

...Happy School Year all...

No comments:

Post a Comment