Sunday, September 29, 2013

...lots of catching up to do...

...One of the reasons my blogging has been slacking is the fact that my phone had no room for photos...so once the new iphone was purchased...we were back in action..

....which might sound a lot easier than it really was...after racing to the Sprint store to get in line for the new phones on the first day they were available...and waiting 45 minutes in a tiny store with two toddlers and about 15 other customers on a Friday morning...and a client of mine in line for some added pressure...I got one of the last two phones in the store...and we all felt elated as we skipped out, moods intact, phone purchased and the day as our Oyster...
...and when Mommy has no plans for the day...we end up running like crazy...and finding things at Hobby Lobby like this new bench we all decided we needed for our laundry room...once we tested it out...
...and this particular weekend had our neighborhood block party on the agenda...Kirk and I were part of the planning Committee which included organizing live music and a BBQ competition...we may have bit off a little more than parents of toddlers can handle...but Chase and Ava didn't seem to notice...
...they helped where they could...and played when they couldn't...
...and then it was time to head outside and Party...



...and party we did...between realizing that we lived in the same neighborhood as another girl in Chase's class and learning to limbo...it sure was a nice time...and provided for late evening play that turns into 8:00am mornings...everyone's favorites!...

...and the following weekend, we enjoyed some quiet family time...
...like dinner and a card game that turned into toddler charades at Aunt Aly Paly's house...
...and we stayed up late and wore pj's home...
...and this was from the next night because they both fell asleep on the way home from Aunt Aly Paly's house...they had worn themselves totally out from all the singing and riding the rocking horse that they re-named San Diego...and we had the easiest time transferring them from car seat to bed we have ever had...literally no movement...

...and I had to include these pictures of my littlest pumpkin...she has been spending Monday's with our friends, Ms. Mandy, Gianna and Glenn and they have such a great time every Monday...Ava gets so excited to go and it's no wonder when I get pictures of fun things like painting pumpkins with her friends...


...and on this particular Monday...I was off for my longest work trip of the year after dropping her off...Monday-Friday...and while I was hanging out with 20 co-workers at this little paradise...I surely missed my little ones...
...and I hate leaving Daddy with so much to handle...but he handles it with grace...almost too well for his own good...but he had to tackle things to bring to school, picture day, and loads of other little reminders from Mommy...but this is the quick snap of them headed to school on picture day...I'd say he did good...
...and apparently Popsicles on the deck was an after dinner tradition for the week...
...and they sent me lots of cute videos so that I didn't get too sad...and Grandma and Papa helped a lot too...like picking up my Friday morning with both of them and making fresh apple crisp together, art projects and having an awesome hot lunch on the table when I finally got home on Friday...

...I do say my prayers every night, but I recognize, the Lord has surely blessed me...

...and after a week away, I was rested up...it seems funny...I was up later than I normally am, worked from breakfast until past dinner and still felt rested after a week away from my toddlers...they force you to soak up every ounce of life you have in you...and then those extra ounces you swear you don't have...

...but with that as my inspiration...we packed up and headed out for some fun on my first day home...we went to the BBQ competition that Kirk has competed in in years past and saw some friends, ate some great food and of course found the bounce houses...


...and the Clydesdales...

...and the last sugary sweet update I have....is the Birthday party we went to today for Clare and Dominic...it was a princess and superhero party and the favors were tutu's and superhero capes...let's just say, my little ones were huge fans...
...and they loved Dominic's present too...everyone took a turn in it...

...and they finished it off by licking the bright blue icing from their fingers that they couldn't scrape with the fork... 
                 
...and as I embark on another chaotic week, I often think of the phrase I was told a few years ago...
...The Days are Long but the Years are short...

...and I will chose to embrace the chaos for it will surely bring another smile from my little one's, a laugh from something they tell me and a burst of pride from something they do....

...hope you are able to embrace your own joy a midst the chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment