...Superheros and Sunshine...
...the cape and mask from last weeks Birthday party have been quite a hit around this house all week...in fact, the week started with a tantrum around wanting to wear it to school...and while I can't exactly read her mind...I think Marley is somewhat okay with being the superdog...
...and while I hate to put the best picture of the blog first...some things can't wait...
...and let's hope the St. Louis Cardinals get some super powers because they are in the first round of the playoffs this week and find themselves down 2 games to 1...
...but we will keep cheering, Let's Go Cardinals, Let's Go...
...and Gramma and I picked up this art easel at a second hand kids sale a week or so back...and it's been awesome...anything that occupies these two with the same activity but separate from each other is genius!...
...it's a much better alternative for me while putting together meals than TV...
...and speaking of alternatives to TV...we finally got back out on the river after way too long...we had a 88 degree day in October so we loaded up in the early evening and headed out....there is no easier way to get guaranteed smiles from my whole family than getting them on the water...
...and Chase points out Grafton from the first moment he can see it, and we docked in our favorite spot, where Ava points out our friends boats by name, and with that we are settled into G-Town like it has been no time...and we had a low key evening since we arrived late, dinner at the dock, walk and then bedtime...
...but the kiddos had other plans...they usually watch a show together and quickly fall asleep together in the front...but this night they were full of jokes, giggles and anything but sleeping...so after numerous attempts at stern threats to close eyes, lay still and get some sleep...they finally passed out...but they were even making us laugh...although we wouldn't never let them know it...
...and when they were up in the morning, I turned on a show to buy myself a few more minutes to close my eyes...when I opened them...this is what I saw...apparently superdog likes Jake...
...and with impending rain and early risers...we got dressed and hit the road...at 9am, I think we were the earliest to fire up the engine in Grafton...
...Chase still loves to drive as much as he always has...and Ava craves the wind in her hair like Mommy...she yells Wheeeeeee constantly...
...since we beat the storm we decided to make a few stops on the way home...at least as long as it wasn't raining...so we checked out the pumpkin/apple farm...
...and the go karts...
...scary for a three year old on his first ride...but terrifying for Mommy to take this one...
... but since we were the only ones on the track...I thought it would be alright...let's face it, I'm already out for Mother of the Year so this one was a drop in the bucket...and she looked at me after the first turn and said, and I quote, Mommy, dis is kinda fun!...and she held the steering wheel, yelling wheee and waving to Chase the entire time...she is my daredevil....and my mini me...
...and then fall rolled in...in a big way...and we had a Birthday Party in a park that called for big vests and long pants...St. Louis weather never ceases to amaze...
...but they had fun painting pumpkins, singing Happy Birthday and eating cake of course...

...pumpkins have been a highlight this fall...we bought some at the grocery well before we should have and we can't stop picking one up here and there because we are all so ready for fall...so when we found this real farm...we decided Daddy must have a pumpkin worthy of a Daddy Size...
...and after we scouted out the perfect one and Ava had yelled at the farm kittens...we headed home with our newest orange additions...
...and we found the perfect spot for it right by the front door...I had no idea how heavy these things are...Chase has already remarked that if Daddy wants to carve that one, it's sure gonna take a long time to get all the guts out....yep, I'd say too long, Buddy...
...and with all the travel in this house lately, this weekend was a gem to have lots of time uninterrupted with our little family...we spent a lot of time playing living room football, eating fall foods and giggling...some with a cape and mask...and some without...
...Happy Fall...

















No comments:
Post a Comment