Sunday, January 12, 2014

...6 weeks and counting...

...I never really officially announced my pregnancy in this blog...which is sort of how this one has gone...it surprised us a bit from the beginning...although we always dreamed of three little ones...and we waited longer than normal to tell our employers and until about 23 weeks to tell Chase and Ava...but ever since they have been talking lovingly about the baby in Mommy's belly...

...and the time has passed quicker than the last two pregnancies...but make no mistake...we are six short weeks from being a party of five...and while we haven't settled on a name...nor will we announce one if we do...Ava is set on naming our little guy, 'Teeny' and calling him 'Teeny Baby' and Chase's most recent announcement has been, 'let's name him Truman,' although prior to Truman he wanted the name to be 'Set the Sails' for quite some time...yep, you read that right, 'Set the Sails Blomgren'...

...and even though I haven't documented this pregnancy quite the same way as the first two...the results are quite similar...33 weeks looks like this...
...and we are down to a few clothes that still fit and I'm in full nesting mode...but more about that later...

...and just when I'm stressed to the max at the fighting between these two...I spot them doing something so imaginative together...like here where they looking at the pictures in the books while they were 'pretend riding on an airplane to Miami'...

...or snuggling up for a rainy Friday morning Henry Hugglemonster so Mommy can actually make a real breakfast after a week of rushing around...

...and this pregnancy, like the one with Ava, has brought on strong dessert cravings...and I'm passing them along to my little partner in crime...FYI...Chocolate cake is about the worst to clean up from hair...
...and the nesting has been crazy...I spent a lot of time over the last few weeks in the bathroom...and while potty training has been fairly successful...I noticed just how much I didn't like my faucets and fixtures...so what was supposed to be a quick change out...became somewhat of a major remodel...Thank God for good friends who are good with their tools...this one called for backup...
...fortunately this project coincided with the national championship game so once the boys were finished...they were able to root on the Seminoles to a victory...and everyone was rooting for the Seminoles in this house...


...but the real excitement came at the end of the week with our visit to Aunt Aly Paly's house...we've been talking about a sleepover for quite some time and what a perfect time to pack our bags when our new cousin, Mae Elizabeth and Aunt Tracy were in town to see Aly Paly for the weekend...


...all the talk of a baby in Mommy's belly had everyone very excited to meet a real little baby that is Our Cousin...and while it took Mae a few minutes to warm up to Chase...he was all in from the moment he saw her...
..and Uncle Kirk had the touch...she was asleep just minutes after this picture...his first time holding her...
...baby Lily joined us too making for quite a nice little kids table at dinner time...

...and then it was back to showering baby Mae with love...and being born the fourth in her family and the seventh in a growing line of cousins...I think this little one is going to get lots of attention for quite some time...

...and once she was asleep...it was time for a little microphone performance...they are getting a little stuck with ABC's, Twinkle, Twinkle and the Miami Dolphins fight song...although they get more conviction with those three in every performance...

...and I may have mentioned my nesting...I've been cleaning out all the little girls clothes since this is our last baby and he has been confirmed time and again to be a boy...so I brought a few things...well, a few bins full of things...to see if baby Mae needed anything...

...and I truly did mean to ship a few things home after they left...but we all got on a roll here and the next thing I knew we were laughing hysterically, folding frantically and filling a suitcase with over 47 lbs of tiny baby girl clothes...that's not a typo...47lbs...I'm smiling just typing about this scene...

...and hoping that after traveling with that bag...that everyone is still able to laugh about the experience...

...and we woke up for more great food and hospitality from Aly Paly, packed up, headed home and settled back into our routine for another week...
...but after a wonderful visit with precious Mae...we are all anxious in this house for our own new bundle...
...because we only have six weeks and counting...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. And am still laughing about the suitcase. How will we ever be able to document Disney on our blogs? Your belly pic is absolutely stunning!!! Can't wait to meet him……5 weeks now…..

    ReplyDelete