Sunday, January 26, 2014

...Western Dances and Fast Cars...

...so this week started with a bit of a scare...

...just minutes after I got a glimpse of our newest little man in 3D...I was told that his heart wasn't beating normally...and while all is well...and the heart is working just as intended as I type...it was a little wake up call...and a reminder that our newest addition is not just going to pop into the world unannounced....he's already making Mommy and Daddy worry...something that my first two did in the womb as well...
...and I can't help but think he looks like his older brother...and his older brother is very excited to meet him...his sister...well...she's on the fence...in fact this week she decided to tell everyone that there are twin girls in Mommy's bewwy...so we will see how she adjusts...

...but once we got through that little hiccup...we were able to focus our thoughts on the big Western Dance and Chili Cookoff at the kids school...and we borrowed some things and turned into real cowboys and cowgirls once dance time arrived...

...and the chili cookoff competition is beyond humerous...the kids were a little wild on Friday so when I intended to run and get the ingredients...well, let's just say I called an audible and came home instead and asked Daddy to grab them on his way home...this of course meant that I was way behind on my chili and prompted questions from my whole clan about why I decided to enter that part of the evening...

...and the honest answer was that I thought we had to enter...but I do also like my own chili (who doesn't like their own things?!)...so I loaded up our brand new crock pot and we sloshed chili in the back of the SUV all the way to school...

...and my little cowboy hit the dance floor the moment we arrived...

...Daddy put him in his belt buckle and spurs and we could hear him throughout the gym...and he was very sweet to oblige when it was time for the Mother/Son Dance...

...almost his whole class was at the dance but really all he cared about was his BFF Carter...

...and we got the last laugh when it came to the chili...
...they announced the winner and no one came up to claim the prize...because they had mixed all the numbers to keep it anonymous...and our chili was actually the WINNER...so we laughed at the stress and then celebrated because we won a free parents night out and dinner...which we are going to have to try and fit in before number three makes his entrance...

...and we finally got to spend a Saturday morning with no plans...which meant we were lounging around...some of us in the exact same places...
...and then we were off to meet Aunt Aly Paly at the car show...a tradition well before the kiddos came along...fortunately the event caters to all ages...

...I pity the salesman who has to try and sell this one after hundreds of tiny handprints have been planted...
...and they found all kinds of cars that were perfect for us...

...and we spent Sunday enjoying the nice temperatures before they plummet yet again...

...and our sermon at church today reminded us about how God throws us 'burning bushes' to surprise, startle or just stop us in our tracks...and let us take another look at things...in order to understand better the path he has intended for us...

...and it seemed ironic that this was the sermon sent the week that we rushed to a cardiac pediatrician at the end of an abnormal ultrasound...the one were the Dr. advised that if Kirk was available to go ahead and call him up...and while everything turned out completely normal...the uncertainty of the few hours and the unnerving sound of an abnormal heartbeat was our little reminder that God has a plan for us and our little Ralph...as we have lovingly called him since about 8 weeks of pregnancy...and specifically wanted to remind us to get ready...because this little guy is about to jolt out world...

No comments:

Post a Comment