Sunday, February 16, 2014

...Valentines Week...
 
...a few weeks back I got a coupon...and a brilliant idea that Chase, Ava and I would go get pictures taken since this is the last pregnancy...just a little something to document...since we have never documented before...
 
...and I'm not sure what I expected but there is a reason I haven't wanted to document in photos the times when I'm carrying more weight than ever...
 
...fortunately I brought my little Valentine's along and we got some great pictures of them...and if you have ever been to Portrait Innovations...you know that you walk out with WAY more photos than you will ever need....
 
...but we had fun...and that's what matters...

 
 



 
...and while the photographer did a great job of getting them laughing...the joke is on me...I spent way more than my coupon and know that I am just a few short weeks away from more photos with our new addition...
 
...and then Daddy was home so we had to show him some of our new tricks...like jumping at the mall...and Ava finally got the courage with Daddy around...


...and if you read this blog a few weeks back, you know that my kids NEVER sit on the animals on the carousel...but Daddy was inspiring this weekend...
...and Daddy had some alone time at Basketball with both kiddos...and it looks like he and Ava sure had fun...
...and we ventured out to try and enjoy some of the white stuff that just won't leave us this winter...

...we had been wanting some photos with the kids and the new trees we planted in the fall...we are hoping that the trees grow faster than the little ones...


...and as I type this we are forecasted to get more freezing rain for the commute tomorrow...we cannot wait for this winter to end....
 
...and these monitor pictures are just a little glimpse into sleepy times these days...Ava's my helper to wake Chase when he doesn't want to get out of bed...
 
...that's Chase's bed for the record...

...and he's probably a little extra tired because he's been spending naps in his room looking more like this than like a tired sleeper...but at 4.5 years old...I guess the naps won't last forever...
...and we got a chance to celebrate a big closing for Daddy earlier this week... and this deal was such a long process that even the kiddos knew we needed to do something big when it finally closed...Chase's exact words when I told him that the 'Hawker' was finally sold were, 'it's time to party'...
...and party these days means going to our favorite restaurant for chicken wings...Ava looked back at this picture and said, 'that's me and Daddy...laughing!'
 
...and speaking of having Valentine's fun together...Daddy took the kids for a treat before school one morning last week...
...I'm going to need maternity leave to pull the nutritional value of my kids eating habits back together...we are in a bit of a bad rut...
...actual Valentine's Day brought our favorite local pizza in a heart shape...and Chase made this awesome dessert with Grandma and Papa...

...and Daddy was able to get out of work to join us at the school Valentine's party...and Ava asked for Daddy to please come to her room...and they enjoyed sharing Valentine's and snacks...
...and Ava's class has 14 kids...so Daddy gets the gold star because he helped Chase sign his name 27 times for his classmates...and at age 4, he was interested through about the fourth Valentine...
...but they loved opening the cards from friends and Grandparents...
...and we've gotten out and looked at our Valentine's every day since...
 
...Hope your Valentine's was sweet and full of faith, hope and love...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment