...Winter Adventures...
...so we have been snowed in more times than we care to cover, we've been bit by the winter temperatures and we've had our shares of fights over mittons, hats and scarves...and the public schools are going to be spending time in school later than they want to this year from the excessive snow days...I do not remember a winter this bad...at least for weather...but it hasn't spoiled the spirits of my little ones....in fact, their teachers tell me that the kids are full of energy these days and they long for some recess time...
...so we've been having our share of indoor adventures lately...and when Daddy had to travel last week we discovered the Chickfila playground...sounds simple... but a place where I can eat in peace while the kids play and I can see them...and they have a couple of healthy food options that shockingly the kids love...beauty...so we may have visited a few times while Daddy was gone...
...
...and I've been fighting the cold weather with some online shopping...it's literally my favorite...nothing better than avoiding a store in the winter to find these little gems at your doorstep...
...and speaking of little gems...this is my sleeping buddy, protector and alarm system when Daddy is out...
...and Grandma and Papa were out too...so we had to check on their house...and the kids love being there regardless...but they can take this room apart in 3 minutes flat...so we had to be quick with our mission...
...we spent some time at the mall this week too...
...I think subconsciously I know that we will be in the house for a while once the new addition comes so I'm soaking up any little adventures I can get right now...even if the kids STILL prefer the bench on the carousel than on any of the animals...
...and the mall sure makes being a mommy of two potty trained littles easy...they will love this pic when they are older...
...I mentioned that we spent some time at Chickfila...we went back with Chase's friend Gianna...they have been friends since 4 months and I love to watch their conversations...
...and we had our first time with three in the backseat...and my little ones are still talking about it...
...and with Daddy's arrival home, we all wanted to go out and grab a bite to eat...and we had a big moment at dinner when Chase decided he was ready to start eating his chicken wings like Mommy and Daddy...
...and just typing about some of the food habits makes me happy that I can also include our activities...
...like a new session of basketball starting up...and we are in the process of signing up for our first summer of real coach pitch baseball...
...we swung by Daddy's office after basketball to check out his awesome new stuff...they redid the walls, floor and all new furniture...it's finished and ready for the busy year that Daddy is already having...
...and my oldest tells me all the time that he's going to sell airplanes when he has his own kids...and he practices now...and Minnie Mouse...she hasn't decided yet...
...and we suited up and got a chance to swim at our old indoor pool...and although Ava was concerned about the drains in the bottom of the pool, which she called with pure intention 'Ground Hogs'...and made me crack up...she enjoyed the pool and didn't want to leave...and our other little fish had a blast...it was a cold Saturday night and we came home and got on warm clothes and enjoyed a spaghetti dinner as a family with the fire roaring...it was even more cozy than it sounds to type it...I don't think anyone lasted past even to their bedtime that night...
...and we've spent our fair share of time cozying up by the fire and enjoying each others company...
...and we will take these warm moments in whenever we can...because we are less than three weeks away from the dynamics shifting...and while they don't understand the extent of it...I feel that they know...and they are locking arms both figuratively and literally...and becoming the cutest of best friends...















Love this:) Gosh they're getting so big! Thinking and praying for you over the next few weeks. So excited!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pic of Chase eating the wings- He looks just like Kirk!!! The potty pic in the mall is a riot……ewh- the germs in there…..Ha ha!!!! Counting the days!!!
ReplyDelete