...Summer on the horizon...
...and it sure was when I started this post...
...but now, I sit watching Wimbledon, munching on fresh red tomatoes and folding clean swimsuits...I know that summer is no longer on the horizon, it has arrived...and Kirk and I were just discussing how time is flying by so fast that we wonder are we 'present' in all we are doing?...are we soaking up the time or just going through the motions...and so we are focusing on being more present, being less scheduled, really less scheduled and just relaxing...as much as any one might relax with three little ones...
...but prior to this 'relaxtion' we were setting ourselves up for a great summer...
...and our first boat trip this year had us longing for more...Daddy prepared quite a spread before we arrived...
...and it sure was when I started this post...
...but now, I sit watching Wimbledon, munching on fresh red tomatoes and folding clean swimsuits...I know that summer is no longer on the horizon, it has arrived...and Kirk and I were just discussing how time is flying by so fast that we wonder are we 'present' in all we are doing?...are we soaking up the time or just going through the motions...and so we are focusing on being more present, being less scheduled, really less scheduled and just relaxing...as much as any one might relax with three little ones...
...but prior to this 'relaxtion' we were setting ourselves up for a great summer...
...and our first boat trip this year had us longing for more...Daddy prepared quite a spread before we arrived...
...even Marley was all smiles for this day...
...and less scheduled means no summer sports...but Ava and I enjoyed a few baseball practices before that came to an end...
...maybe enjoyed is a loose term...but speaking of enjoyment...this little guy is the happiest little guy we have ever seen...I'm not sure what I can attribute his attitude to but I hope it's just his personality...because he thinks life is one big giggle...
...even Mr. Bear has been over scheduled this year...
...such a handsome little doctor...
...and spring brought me an early Birthday present...when Poppy's pool hall closed down in IN it was the perfect time to capitalize on the space that has been begging for a pool table...Pop was able to get this brand new table and put it in his pick up, haul it to MO, set it up and play on it...not too bad for a GREAT Grandpa...
...oh, and give some lessons...
...and the kids were able to enjoy the full visit complete with card playing with Grandma...
...and before the baseball season ended, our friends were able to capture some phenomenal shots of all of the kids on the field...Chase really enjoyed his first year of coach pitch and Daddy did too...it took them both and Chase didn't play with the same intensity and focus when Daddy wasn't there...which wasn't too often...but it is great to see them enjoy something so intensely together...
...and my Avabelle has been enjoying some time loving on Paxton on Tuesday's when she has her day off school...Grandma has been gracious to watch Pax so I can get in on gym class with Ava and spend some time with her...but she also enjoys just hanging with her littlest brother...
...and I hesitate to mention it but we are doing a work out program that is a 90 day, 6 days a week program..so I would be leaving a lot out of our lives if I didn't share Tony...since we share our TV screen with him 6 days a week and Ava is now a champion at push ups and languages, which is really lunges...
...and summer coming means convertible rides and the kids are finally old enough to put their booster seats in the back...this is definitely a highlight thus far this year for both Chase and Ava...
...and the biggest sign that summer is upon us was the graduation of our first born from his pre-k program...he will be in the private kindergarten next year because he misses the cutoff for the public school...so he will essentially do kindergarten twice...but the bottomline is that pre school is over...it's time to get serious...
...or something like that...and our little princess is finally old enough to perform in the school concerts...so she sang with all her might for the first time and 'roared' like a lion with the rest of the Butterflies...
...and I am enjoying all the time with this little guy and he is continuing to grow...at his own pace...
...so I have a few more big events to share...like our first trip to Disney...but we are in full swing of summer...warm air, sweaty days, tanned skin and less schedules...and while it doesn't sound like it...it is a time of real relaxation of our minds, not our bodies, but our minds...so we can try and not miss a thing...

























No comments:
Post a Comment