Wednesday, February 18, 2015

...Winter Funnies...

...we are growing and changing a lot in this house this winter...Ava and Chase, although 22 months apart, are so close in height that they get questioned for twins constantly...and Ava is killing me with her comedy and facial expressions...and Chase is learning to write so much better these days...he came home from school with this drawing, complete with a beard for Papa...
...and speaking of new things...we finally started dance class...we've been waiting for the right age and excitement level and the timing was right...she was ready and the sweet studio owner suggested we try out the class in our gymnastics clothes before we committed...but based on class one...

...we were back and purchasing the traditional leotard and ballet slippers the next week...
...and it is the little things that I am enjoying...like smiley faces during haircuts..or just the fact that I am able to take all three to get haircuts feels like an accomplishment...

...although I might have lost a bit of control on the length of Chase's...I've been told I had him scalped...one classmate with lice the week before and the hair was easily parted with in my book...

...Kirk and I have been doing a workout system with Shaun T and these two decided to get in on the action...they actually insisted since they were wearing 'workout suits'...

...and another kind of working out is this little booger...he shovels food in like a champion...he's loved solid foods since day one...
...did I mention he gets into everything now?!!?...the flip has been switched...crawling quickly turned to cruising...to walking...

...I mean everywhere...
...I had to take a picture of this...Chase cut this out and made a '50 dollar bill for Steak N Shake' that he wanted to go spend...

...and this one finds ways to spend my money too... 
...I know I'm creating a monster but I love our pedicures together...just love it...and Daddy thinks he taught them the value of hard work by making them wash the car...
...the coolest part was that they did actually help a lot...
...we got lucky with a 71 degree day in Jan...so we took full advantage...

...and then the 71 degree Saturday was just the segway for us to head to Cancun and let the littles stay with Grammie and Papa while Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the Aerotek trip to Cancun for 4 lovely nights...

...and after four days of fun and relaxation, we arrived in time to make it to Chase and Ava's Valentines parties at school...

...and after missing these guys so much...to get this little note from Chase was awesome...

...and playing with them has been a blast...
...and then the traditionally heart shaped pizza...
...one night early since Daddy is taking off on a whirlwind International tour in search of some planes...

...I pinch myself everyday with these little munchkins...they are so very demanding and they have so many needs...but I am so aware that I will long for these days very shortly...and so while they wear me out daily...I'm cherishing the feeling of good, healthy exhaustion and trying to etch the memories into my brain...or at least into my blog...

...because 5, 3 and 1 is a lot...a lot more than I ever dreamed of...

No comments:

Post a Comment