Sunday, March 1, 2015

...Trip Around the Globe...

...so when Daddy announced that there were planes to buy in Germany and Australia...we didn't realize that it would all be combined into one trip...but the plans came together...and he was off...which included more Commercial legs than a centipede...more flight hours than a...well, than legs on a centipede...and lots of days away from home...

...but after a trip to Cancun the week before, I was craving tender moments with the kiddos...so it was probably the best time for me to tackle single parenthood for a while...and it all started with this photo on Daddy's way out the door...

...and it is fitting this winter that we dropped Daddy at the airport and put a call into the pediatrician and he wanted to see us...so we literally went from the airport to the Dr...this time for Paxton although all three have had a visit in the last two weeks...
...and the kiddos were very patient...for the first 45 minutes...but after that, I lost them...they were climbing the walls...
...and Daddy always delivers...well, technically it came from the florist...but our Valentines day was brightened...even if he was gone...
...and this guy is learning to quickly make a real mess, which makes three of them that excel in that category...
...but this guy was on the other end of the mess making spectrum...he had great behavior while Mommy and Daddy were in Mexico so he earned a trip to the toy store...his very favorite thing...and he picked out a new truck...remote control of course....he responds so well to good behavior charts and rewards...much more than my sweet Ava....she is much more to go with her first instinct before thinking about repercussions...but maybe that's an age thing...
...so we had to send a selfie to Dad for his landing in Germany...
...poor Paxton has had that runny nose for MONTHS now...I'm dying for spring...
...how about this sweet crew...my Church buddies...and they did very well going without Daddy...but donuts always motivate in this house...
...after this particular service...we did a 'roots' tour and I showed the kids the old house...

...being alone with them has forced me to put down the phone, stop with the chores and just pay attention to the little ones...so I've enjoyed settling into the rocking chair and staying a little longer in the moment...like until this one passed out in my arms...

...and that is happening less and less these days...because this little guy has not only taken his first steps...I counted five yesterday...Feb. 18th...so just like his siblings...he is a walker before his first birthday...

...and that means he's no longer the baby...he's getting up and in on all the action with the other kids...

...like hopping in bed with Mommy...and since we were missing Daddy...I didn't mind this too terribly much...

...we were quite a team...we conquered the mall to get Ava a new dress for the Daddy/Daughter Dance and had such good behavior we stayed for lunch and carousel rides....




...we almost got the courage to tackle new things...but once buckled up...my little Princess backed out and hoped off the trampoline...but not this guy...
...this one cracks me up...my daughter DOES NOT LIKE getting dressed...not one bit...PJ day at school is her favorite day, like more than Christmas...so when I asked if these two wanted to go sledding during Paxton's nap...this is the response I got...

...but eventually I had two snow bunnies....

...and baseball has started again...we might have these kids in too many activities...
...but we are back with our Pirates team again this year and we are so excited...and then it was time for the Daddy/Daughter Dance and Ava was going with Papa...since Daddy was halfway around the globe...

...she was so excited to go and twirl and meet Elsa...and while she wouldn't dance with Papa or get her picture taken...she sure did have a good time...and was so excited about her dance and going alone with her Papa....

...and we spent a lot of time just hanging out and playing with our toys...and after Paxton went to bed, we had a nightly ritual of Uno games...their behavior determined how many games we would play...and we would keep Daddy updated on how many games everyone was winning...




...and Daddy would keep us updated on his location too...and his many flights and sights...


...and just like that Daddy returned...after 11 days and we were so excited to get to the airport and pick him up...and tell him about all of our adventures and Ava just kept telling him, I missed you Daddy, the whole way home...

...and as it always is, time alone with the kiddos was just what I needed, to remind me that I can do it alone, and that my little ones are capable of so much to help me out and keep this house running just the same...so while I have extreme empathy for military wives and single Momma's...I embraced and enjoyed the short time alone...

...but I'm sure glad to have our family back in tact...because this party of five is supposed to be five...and when we are all together it is a party again...

No comments:

Post a Comment