...First Day of School...
...so 2016 brings a big year...1st grade for Chase...Junior Kindergarten for Ava with Ms. Karen in Chase's old room at Goddard...and another few months of Paxton at home before he starts Goddard School...
...and Ava was excited to start off in the new room...she's spent some time with Ms. Karen this summer but was happy to have her as her real teacher...in her real room....with her own seat, cubby and workbooks...
...and Ava started on Monday the 15th...but Tuesday the 16th was the first day for Rockwood...
...Kirk and I had been talking about a new tradition for the first day of school for a while...so we started it this year...with walking the kids to school...then off for an adult brunch to celebrate another year...
...which makes it a celebration...instead of sorrow over the loss of another year...
...and this guy certainly picks up on the celebration vibe...he loves school and was excited to have some friends from last year in his class...
...and I was excited because I am told his teacher is the very best...
...and then the new tradition involves walking home to our house with friends, swimming together and having an early BBQ to share our first day adventures...
...and if it isn't obvious...our baby might not be in school yet but he couldn't be happier to be at the table with school aged kiddos and friends...he looks at this picture and names each friend...then asks when we can see them again...
..and while we spent the whole day celebrating...the reality is that these school days won't last forever...and while we have many more...I can't help but pinch myself as I think of my tiny colicky baby who I waited for for so very long who now walks to school and isn't afraid to try anything...or as I think of my precious daughter who stormed into this world five short years ago who now takes on new situations with extreme caution...and feel a twinge of sadness...and a dose of reality to savor every minute...because there are still a lot of first days...but they certainly won't last forever...








No comments:
Post a Comment