...Simple Summer Days...
...as I compile my most recent pictures...I realize that while I've seemed extremely overwhelmed with a home project that won't finish...and is making me re-think every other area of my home...it's also required some more time spent at home, which isn't a bad thing...
...so as I am thinking about changing every single door handle and hinge...I'm also thinking about dusting off the aprons and baking whole grain muffins for healthier weekday mornings...
...and this particular batch was such a success we had to do it again the next week...
...I love my time alone with this one...she's so complex...and just when I think she couldn't be more like me...she completely shifts to Daddy's girl...she cares so deeply about all people and constantly wants to make or do something for a friend...she is in love with puzzles right now and is beyond helpful when it comes to taking care of this guy...
...between teaching him every spot to wash in the shower...to teaching him how to do her favorite puzzles...to teaching him to count to twelve and spell his name...even if he does do it P-O-X-T-O-N...to just begging to be the first in the morning to give him snuggles...there is little she loves more than Paxton...and I do think she has taught him more than anyone else...
...she reminds him that being good during haircuts mean suckers...and she reminds him to always ask Papa...Can we go to McDonald's?...
...our Friday's together the three of us are so cherished...I have less than a year with the two at home on Friday's before Ava starts Kindergarten at Kehrs Mill...that's less then 52...and they get filled up so shockingly fast...
...and the summer days often end with neighbor fun at one house or another...and the boys had some fun of their own the last time we got together...the girls and boys are starting to play more separately...
![]() |
| Paxton, Chase & Luke 2016 |
...I can't imagine why the girls didn't jump in on this one...
...playtime has been a focus for me...and I'm feeling better with that one than with healthy eating...we just love to eat in this house...but playtime has been plentiful...we try and limit the screen time with the nice weather and aren't much for video games...but my crew loves some dress up time...
...and swimming...my favorite way to burn off energy...and has been since I was their size....I love swimming...and swimming Birthday parties with the whole family invited is really a win-win-win...
...great weather and some much needed river time called for an impromptu neighbor day on the water...and this new little blow up boat was an interesting idea...what seemed like the perfect way to get to the beach turned into a bit of a joke once we tested the motor in the river current...
...but it made for interesting excursions in the marina...
...and even without the beach...we had a great day...it was a hot one finished off with some swimming...some snoozing and a quick bagel breakfast before departure...
...we are so very fortunate...we fall into bed most nights with the glorious feeling of using all your energy...all your strength...and all your emotion...which is the best recipe for a restful night of sleep and a happy little life...and it's not perfect, nope far from perfect....the list of areas of improvement goes on an on...but each day we give it all we've got and know that this is life is so much more than I ever dreamed of...



















No comments:
Post a Comment