Tuesday, November 1, 2016

...He's Seven...

...The One that made me a momma...the one whose always had a sweet heart and bright smile...the one who lights up a camera with his poses and amazes me with his reading and math skills...the one whose passions rival in spirit those of Daddy...and the one whose got the blessing and responsibility of paving the way for the other two...My Chase..or as Paxton calls him...Chasey Basey Bear....
...and speaking of passions...this one has a strong love of all things hockey...
...specifically St. Louis Blues hockey...and even more specifically...goalie Jake Allen...
...so a party of his closest friends to play hockey, make pizzas and watch the Blues game was a perfect party to him...
...you see Daddy jumping in on Chase's passion...I'm telling you they are two peas in a pod with a one track mind when they get set on something...
...Dad also made a great referee...
...and little sister was pretty excited to have the big boys over for the party too....
...my heart melts at just the sight of this...two of these boys are friends from preschool...and one new BFF from his elementary school...one has been coming to Chase's birthday since his second...and they still claim they are each other's BFF's...even though they have been separated by schools for the last two years...
...in fact I over heard their conversation about Birthday's...and Carter corrected me when I explained that they had known each other over half their lives...he responded...actually Mrs. Blomgren, Chase and I have been best friends for 3/4ths of our lives...I stand corrected...but in the depths of the backseat I also heard...Chase, you will be the first invited to my Birthday's as long as I am alive...the wonder and sincerity of these first tender relationships is so fun to experience through a mothers' eyes...

...and that is just it...Chase continues to bring me along on his journey to explore life, friendships and new experiences daily...and because he is the first...I get to do it for the first time through a Mother's eyes...I've learned what it means to be a baseball mom, basketball mom, hockey mom, field trip helper, soccer mom, homework helper, summer camp planner and coordinator, talent show mom and so many more...and that has been overwhelming, exhausting but mostly just rewarding for the last seven years...

...so thank you Chase...for living life to the fullest...for challenging your siblings to do more each daily...for growing and developing into such a great child...and keeping your family first along the way...

...Happy 7th Birthday Baby Boy...

1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy day sweet boy! Time is flying by and it so fun to watch the amazing little boy you have become!

    ReplyDelete