Sunday, October 23, 2016

...Such a Fun Phase of Life...

...I've been feeling pretty tied up at work lately so I am trying to be intentional with my Friday time...like intentionally not going to the mall...intentionally not running errands to accomplish tasks.....being intentional about just spending some time together...so we've hit sky zone...we've done the pumpkin patch and on this day we went to 'feed the fish' at the horse park..
...Ava packed the fish food...two packs with two different kinds so they could each have their own....more food than a school of fish could dream of...but I didn't lift a finger in preparation...
...then we hit Jason's deli for some more time...just the three of us...it is amazing the feeling of accomplishment taking two littles out to eat on your own...it's like no other...

...and speaking of accomplishments...making it through picture taking day prep...let alone the actual day is another fall accomplishment...
...but in all seriousness...what a beautiful little accomplishment that makes me so proud...
...because in these still shots you can't see the tired feet...the lack of smiles without M&M's...
...the 'seriously Mom...I don't like these dress up clothes'...from my oldest who prefers workout clothes to anything else...
...nope in these still shots you are left to imagine that these smiles are all simple...that cooperation came easy and that there is nothing they would rather be doing...and that is the beauty of picture day because underneath it all...there is nothing I would rather do than smile with these five in a park on a beautiful day...

...except maybe smile with them on the river...
...which is just where we headed when photos were done...
...these cheap loading dock sunglasses get me every time...
...after a day full of regular faces...I started getting these when I said 'cheese'...

...these selfies are getting harder and harder...
...an Indian festival was going on in town and we educated this little crew on Arrowheads...yep, I'm terrified a little too with pointy rocks in their hands...


...and after a fulfilling weekend of making memories...the Dolphins rang up a win...which isn't always expected in this house...so we had to do a victory lap...in a couple of different sized vehicles...


...and I got a reminder the other day...someone told me 'you are in such a fun time in your lives!  I remember them so well!'...and it stopped me right in my tracks...because sometimes I let myself get caught up missing the baby phase...sometimes I fret over the missed days or events with each one while spending time with another...and sometimes I drag phases out a little longer than I should because it is my last...potty train that baby for the love...but it was a great reminder to slow down, and just breathe in all these moments...both awesome and frustrating, prideful and tearful...because feeling them all so deeply is living..and this really is such a fun time in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment