...Momma's World...
...When Daddy and Ava went off to Florida for a week in conjunction with a work trip for Daddy...it left me some time with the boys...and we surely made the most of it...we have a joke in our house that when one parent leaves you are in the other's 'world' now...
...we started the week off with a trip in from Grandma Uma and Poppy...and while they weren't too pleased that Ava wasn't home...they were happy to spend some time with the boys...and I loved the help during the work day with Paxton...
...and we visited the train store and showed Poppy some of our favorite places...unfortunately we couldn't find the real train...but we heard it...
...and we made some memories at Chucky Cheese's too...I remember going to Chucky Cheese (when it was called Show Biz) with Grandma and Poppy many a times...so it is fun to share this with my littles now...poor pop and Grandma have been eating yucky kid pizza for 38 years now....probably more actually....
...and once we were all worn out...Grandma and Pop headed back to Indiana...and Momma still had some time left in the weekend to get some things done...so when your in Momma's world..you end up at the home store on a Saturday night...but I offer rewards....like dinner at Joey B's...which Paxton is now calling...Joey Beans...
...and then I told Chase we would do a basement sleepover...it is rare that I get alone time with my oldest...he's such a sports nut and clings to Daddy so I had to snatch up the time together and enjoy some sweet conversations about recess, lunch and minecraft...which is what he really wants to tell me about these days...
...and I got to see a bit of my budding artists...I'm not sure if all kids are like this but mine would chose to paint something over any thing else...they love to get out the brushes and get messy...
...but lincoln logs are not far behind...
...there is something so simple about having two kids in the house when you are used to three...it truly doesn't matter which two...but it is as if they know there is no other choice for a playmate...and they make the most of it...speaking of making the most of it...it is worth noting that the Miami Dolphins are having a sneakily good year this year...the best in 8 years...I hope this post doesn't jinx it but we had the flag flying this particular Sunday because Daddy and Ava were in Miami at the game...
...we closed up Momma's world weekend with Paxton's first time on skates...we knew a special place where they have stands to help you learn...and he is a natural...like all the other sports he tries...he's better than we imagine and loves them all...
...and if you can't tell from this post...I was one happy Momma...I was on the other side of the camera but I was taking full advantage of the time and truly making memories with my boys...we had a wonderful time and are so thankful we got three days in with my grandparents who traveled from Indiana to be with us...they continue to amaze me with their agility...Grandma still jumps on the floor with the kids the moment she sees them...
...and we finished with a 7:58 proclamation of homework...we had to disguise Chase's turkey so it wouldn't get eaten for Thanksgiving...and not just any disguise would work...it had to be a Blues Hockey player...he tried to make it Jake Allen specifically but I had to draw the line somewhere...
...and I'll have to update the finished product...we ended up with a logo and a story about the turkey...but in the end he was spared...the disguise worked....
...and the week was a success...and it reminded us to cherish the time together as a family of five...because we missed our other two so very much...but it also reminded us to cherish every moment...because these little people are so distinctly unique and it's hard to see that without some one on one time which I cherish...
...but again...amidst all the chaos...I come back to it...it is so much more than I ever dreamed possible...even a short 7 years ago when the road to parenthood seemed so very long and daunting...so very much more...and for that...I am humbled and thankful to have a week that I can even call...Momma's World...
















No comments:
Post a Comment