Sunday, December 18, 2016

....happy holidays...

...Uncle Chad coming for Thanksgiving has almost been like having turkey...and short of two years...he's been coming for the 12 we've been married...so when he and Shana booked their trip in...every one was excited...

...we also were so blessed this year because Bambi and Coley Pop made the drive to visit us from Florida...you read that right...the drive...so a few days and one rental car later and they showed up with a car full of clothes, things, food, oh the food and love to share for the week...

...and Grandma and Papa are still the cooking saviors with bringing the turkey and almost all the trimmings every year the long 1.5 mile drive to our home from theirs...short of Kirk's smoked turkey which is always a masterpiece that begins early Thanksgiving morning with a cup of coffee, a stocking cap and a brined bird...
...and the Blomgren Bird Bash tradition was alive and well for the day after Thanksgiving...and the girls and I decided to get out for our own little afternoon...but the only thing we hunted was wine...literally...

...we ate at a winery and then went to the wine store...it was a perfect afternoon to prepare us for an evening like this....


...and I tried to wait on the Christmas decorations...but the little tree couldn't wait...and I think I am creating little monsters...

...and we got the chance to hang out and play...
...celebrate a dolphins win together...
...and even get out on an adult night to the Blues Game while Bambi and Coley Pop watched the littles...and this game finished in a win in shoot out's...it was an incredible weekend of sports...
...and then it was time for everyone to head home and life to get back to normal...as normal as life is when you have been under construction for 9+ months...
...it's so close to done...
...dare I say by Valentines....

...and once we got things back in order...we jumped into the full fledged Christmas spirit...train riding with Daddy after a visit with the big guy...


....one of my favorite days of the year with the tree purchase...
...and this tree was the simplest one yet...Daddy spotted it within a minute of arrival...and after a few glances around...we determined it was perfect...and there are lots of opinions these days...

...but I have to agree...it's perfect...and my elves were such a huge help in decorating...I don't have a spare branch...and some are holding tough with 2, 3 or even 4 ornaments...on one branch...
...and the holiday spirit involves cooking and this one has been my helper in the kitchen...she is setting the table with special folded napkins and cooking up a storm...
...she circles the kitchen during dinner prep asking...how can I help, how can I help...which is such a relief...
...and this guy was very proud of his Sunday School art work...Mommy I guuuued the papews on all by my whole self!...

...and this one got the special plate for winning 10 races in a row at school...a big milestone and something she has been trying to do for a while...she came home beaming....


...and all this holiday wears some of us out...
....but I just said the other day...I've not been in this much of the Christmas spirit in a long time...I truly feel like I've enjoyed each day since December first...it's not that I haven't been in years past but the kids were so small and the effort required was so much...and this year, they are jumping in...they are ready to help...and it's giving me the chance to sit down a bit and soak it all in...they move the advent calendar daily...they pick up the Christmas story nightly to read the next day....and Ava tells me daily that she is so excited because it is the Birthday of Jesus...they are my Christmas...and so as they have told me...I prepare because as of today...we have 7 days left and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment