Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Years 2017

...New Years 2017...

...in our house, we love going to visit our neighbors house that has the annual New Years gathering...and my girl and her new american girl doll, Miley, were dressed and ready to party...
...and the boys were excited too...our neighbors have a son and daughter so there is fun for everyone...and also got a new trampoline from Santa so there was lots to be excited about....


...always a elegant, yet hilarious time with this crew...
...and how could you not ring in the new year with smiles with this crew...they were all still going strong at midnight...Paxton keeps asking when we can go back and count da numbers wif our fwiends?....I think he means the countdown to the ball drop...
...pj party....
...Happy 2017...

...and New Years has meant a feast at Grammie and Papa's on New Years Day followed by a sleep over...which means we pack up the whole crew and make the trek...
...it is so nice that the kids get to spend so much time at the place where I grew up...this kitchen, while expanded now, was the sight of my conversations about homework, friends, dances, cheerleading and college decisions, among others....and now it is mostly filled with requests for pretzels and dip, daniel tiger and ma-made, or lemonade if you aren't Paxton...
...and they love Grammie and Papa's because they get to sleep together when we all stay...and sibling sleepovers are a huge favorite in this house...because resting holding hands is the best way...
...and this year, the day after New Years was still part of winter break...and this year winter break ending meant time for the Winter Classic...Kirk started talking about this last August...that it could be once in a lifetime...that it would be such a great experience...that we haaaaaaaaaad to go to the Winter Classic...

...so he got two tickets...and after lots more conversations...he got two more....so Kirk and Chase went in the first set of tickets...and us girls took the other two...
...Kirk claims that Chase is so fun to watch the game with...and while I haven't sat alone with him....I would argue that my seat buddy is pretty darn fun....her and I looooooove to sit together...our hockey knowledge is a little more limited...so we play games like....on the next Blues goal, let's go find the dipping dots stand...

...and I must say...Kirk was right...it was an electric feeling downtown...

...and while I hope we get to do it again...if we don't...I'm glad we experienced once in a lifetime together...it was a great way to cap off 11 glorious days together...a break with no babysitters...few plans....and I am left with a warm heart and a overflowing cup full of memories to last me until next Winter break...I certainly love this party of five...




No comments:

Post a Comment