Sunday, January 22, 2017

...the little things...

...I love these posts...don't get me wrong, I love to re-count the big holidays, the memorable trips and certainly the birthday's and milestones...

...but these posts...about times with no plans...documenting real life...what we used to call normalcy...yep, these really make me smile...because I've been carrying around a notebook that says on the front cover, 'ENJOY the little things...for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things'...and I love that I read that daily...because these truly are the moments...
...you know, like the random Tuesday where Ava's eye was swollen for no reason...but in the Village that it takes to raise these three...Grammie swooped in to get her to the doctor....and she got some eye drops, some heat compresses and reassurance that all would be fine...and in those moments, I am thankful...for our village, for our pediatrician and for our health...really thankful...

...and the Friday that I got a sitter for Paxton to have a girls lunch and shopping afternoon...
...oh yes, I am thankful...for the time to show Ava what a popover is and how fun it is to try flavored butter or talk about girl things...

...and to cook with my little ones...
...this American Girl cupcake set from Bambi has been the hot topic of conversation so I broke down and we baked up a lot of yummy cupcakes...and we spilled batter, we learned about not licking it with raw eggs and we ate...
...they are budding chefs...and killers to the waistline...

...and sometimes we cook healthy...like this gigantic pot of soup...
...that was a passed down family recipe and warmed our Sunday evening and filled my freezer with more options for cold winter days...yep, so very thankful for these little moments...

...and we got a chance to watch Daddy and Chase skate on the Winter Classic ice in Busch Stadium...and although it was 15 degrees...we bundled up and headed down...
...the beauty of the still shots is that you can't hear the whines of cold hands that started about 1.15 minutes into the trip...

...or the begs for hot chocolate and warm pretzels that started in a similar time frame...nope all you see is the cute smiles of a winter day...but we made a memory...and we survived just fine...all of us...and we were thankful to be together as a family of five and to get to go to a big city and experience the stadium...

...and we made it home to cheer for our team in the playoffs...the first time in eight years...
...but again, the still shot doesn't tell the whole story...we got beat by the Steelers and there was no Dolphins dance party...but we were so proud of our team this year and the progress...we are really excited for next year and what the future holds...because it was fun to be a Dolphins fan this year...

...and the rest of our little moments for this month revolve even more around our sports...

...normalcy on Tuesday nights is gymnastics and skating...so Kirk and I split ways and get to be the kiddos biggest cheerleaders...

...those handstands are getting better each and every week...and she is so strong...

...and this guy can't get enough hockey...either in the living room, on the ice, on video games or even in the street with the neighbor kids...

...and this one just tries to do it all like his big siblings...he can't wait to skate...he begs to play baseball...and he just asked if he can pweeaaassse do gymnastics wif Ava!

...yes, I love these posts...about normalcy...about the little moments...about just being...because that is the greatest joy of the journey for me in this season of life...it's all the little things that I am so thankful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment