Sunday, April 16, 2017


...I was just having a conversation with a co-worker and friend about life...how we choose the craziness of our lives...how we wouldn't have it any other way...yet we drive ourselves with so much....stressful careers, activities and commitments, even having three babies so close together...yet, how we might daydream of a lazy afternoon on the couch, but the reality is that more than one of those days on the couch in a row wouldn't make us truly happy...because true happiness comes from living out your dreams....and that is exhausting some times...
...but it was the reminder of that conversation that urged me up early on Friday to check off the workout box and be ready to sip coffee when this guy rolled out of bed ready to go and watch the sun rise together...

...and we do that now because he has officially graduated...

...the diapers, the toddler phase and the crib are now all part of the past...
...and my big boy goes to bed and wakes all on his own...and lately that is a bit earlier than we used to...and certainly earlier than I want to continue...

...but with a life full of Birthday parties....
....and first Blues games....

...life is exhausting...
...but it's all so new...and so much fun...
...like joining his big sister at gymnastics which actually sounded like a lot more fun in theory than in practice but we are warming up....

...to stopping to take in the beauty of tulips planted as a gift from Aunt Aly Paly's wedding to Tom just six months ago...

...yep, it's a lot...and it will continue to be a lot...but I am already positive that while exhausting...it is the very reason that our family continues to be fulfilled....

...so the line behind the conversation with co-worker that started it all was the question, Who has it better than we do?  NO ONE...it comes from a coach and I won't do it justice or credit it appropriately but you can understand the thought behind it....we can always complain...sure there are issues...and each day is different than the last...but I wouldn't trade it for the world...and it is all about choices....and I hope my three littles can always say that....because they choose their responses to their destiny....and I hope it is always with the feeling at the end of the day week, month or 
year.... that they wouldn't trade it for the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment