...april showers...and birthdays...and sports, sports, sports...
...so I have been dragging my feet on this post...not because these weren't great memories...not because I can't remember details...nope, this post was written....love poured into the words talking about the fun of celebrating another Birthday of Grammie's and a great outdoor evening for the occasion....love and pride of seeing our kiddos give their greatest effort in their sports and earn the honor of celebrating a year well done....yep, it was all here....
...and then when I went to add the finishing touches...poof, it was gone...
...and I was left with the great pictures, fond memories....but no words....
....so I've been dragging my feet....but that being said, I think the pictures tell the story pretty well on their own...


...and a year well spent was also celebrated in Chase's classroom...the beauty of life is about the choices we make and I had been feeling really disconnected from Chase's school life...so I switched some things around and joined Chase and his buddies for spring party....and then we did math night together and saw the same group....and I was lucky enough to join them on a field trip to the Zoo...
...these were his star student pages that he made and presented to the class about himself...he loved making them together with us....and his friends all commented on his favorite dessert, fondue, his dog Marley and his love for hockey....
...it is amazing how a couple of choices can reconnect you with your little buddy....and his friends, parents and his amazing teacher....
...and a blog post wouldn't be complete without some just hanging out lately photos...
...and just hanging out at Mom's office too....
...so Spring sports this year was soccer for Ava with her best buddy, Hannah...
...and while they had an excessive amount of rain out's...they managed to make up the time by playing in the gym...
...she has the prettiest stride while running...she looks strong and is strong...
...they had a great season and even ended undefeated...
...and Ava got to have Uncle Chad some to one of her games...it was fitting because I remember seeing Uncle Chad play soccer in high school when I first would visit Florida...
![]() |
| ...feeding the baby birds gatorade... |


...we had a great short visit and look forward to Uncle Chad being back again soon...
...speaking of sports...lots of Pirates baseball being played this year...and we've been with this team for four years....spring and fall each year...half of Chase's life....
![]() |
| tournament runners up...May 2017 |
...there is something about a little boy in uniform....
...and speaking of choices...we make goals every year and one of mine with 2017 in mind was centered around one on one time with each kiddo...and it's some of my favorite time...so this particular day...Ava and I carved out some time after her Kindergarten test to hit the park and stop for a slushie before we picked up her bros...and I don't have words to describe what it is like to spend time with this one and connect....
...we share each night something that made us happy, sad, excited and mad each day that we wouldn't know about each other since we were apart...and I love hearing hers...it is crazy how much she feels and thinks....I wish I could bring her with me everywhere I go....
...april and may have been the gauntlet of sports...but oh, how I love watching them play....once I figure out when and where they are supposed to be and when they will eat....then I love to watch them play....like this guys very first time in net....May 2017 in the spring sports league...
...he did exceptional....especially considering he has never been coached up before....but my favorite thing about the sports is when they try their very hardest...I love seeing the rosy cheeks....the pride on their smiles....the hustle in them whether it matters for the score or not....
...this one just wrapped gymnastics for the year too...
...and it is every Tuesday afternoon from August-May and it was our time together....
...and her handstands and cartwheels improved the most....
...did I mention how strong she is?!....so proud of her efforts this year...
...and it is fitting that this post ends with a tribute to my Momma with a pic from Mothers Day dinner....we skipped brunch in exchange for a hockey and baseball game...and then did dinner together on the patio at Bishops Post....and it was beautiful and fun....just like my Momma...
....this Mother job...whew, I can't get over it sometimes...it's God's perfect creation of a job....so demanding....so challenging....so incredibly fulfilling...and rewarding....it is my everything....and I can't imagine a more perfect role...
...cheers to all the Momma's doing this awesome job....


































No comments:
Post a Comment