.....Daddy's annual conference in Geneva left five nights for the littles to be in Momma's World....the term we call on when we are down one parent....
...and the times alone with my three are always full of....fun, work, love and chaos....which I guess is similar to what it is like when we have both parents....
...but this one involved a lot...gone are the days of ...what will I do with them...how will I entertain them....now are the days of....how will we get it all done and make it everywhere...like when the new dishwasher being delivered on the morning of Daddy's departure...literally....when we were walking out the door....but clean dishes is a great way to start off some alone time so we made it work...
...but this one involved a lot...gone are the days of ...what will I do with them...how will I entertain them....now are the days of....how will we get it all done and make it everywhere...like when the new dishwasher being delivered on the morning of Daddy's departure...literally....when we were walking out the door....but clean dishes is a great way to start off some alone time so we made it work...
...they are enamored with new things...
...and their pup...although I think Ava is the sweetest with the dog...she made sure Marley had food and water at all times while Daddy was gone...and let's face it...she's my overall good helper....others lack a bit of focus....
... and after days of running, there is this. This is never what you want to see on a radar screen at 8pm....especially when parenting solo....
...because with this...comes this....
...and sleepovers mean early mornings...and early mornings mean...pancakes....eating out with these three early in the am makes you feel like you can move mountains in a day....or it can make you feel like you moved a mountain before lunch....either way....it's a delicious way to attack the day....
...and we couldn't let Marley have no fun since we pounded pancakes and an afternoon full of activities would leave her cooped up...so we got her out on a rainy walk before we hit indoor soccer....
...and the season ended with medals and snacks for this little star....
...and we snuck in a few minutes for the library while it was just me and the big kids...they are such readers...it is fun to watch them and see what they enjoy....
...one of the traditions of Momma's World is that a big kid gets to sleep with me and they alternate nights....I adore reading before bed with this little dude....
...and then it was hockey time...and getting this guy dressed up to play solo is no simple task...but his love of the game helps ease the anxiety....
...and amidst all the sports, playtime, friend time and fun....the highlight of Mom's world was this gigantic box that arrived the day Dad left filled with lounge chairs....it became the boys 'boat' and they almost cried when I finally parted with it almost a week later....
....remember I said we had a few things happening during Daddy's business trip....
...yep, baseball pics and a game....
...and I didn't even post about the tourney we sprinted to...over an hour away....after hockey....thank goodness for Grammie to help with all this madness...
...and the finale of the time alone was Ava's Kindergarten graduation....she picked out her dress, headband and we curled that sweet hair and hit the road to celebrate her and all of her friends...
![]() |
| ...Ava and Hannah...her bestie... |
![]() |
| ...Ava and her other besties... |
![]() |
| The Girls and Ms. Eilers |
...she had such a great time singing, eating and playing with all her friends on graduation night and it made me so proud to think how she has transformed...from a two year old independent spirit that rarely cried on drops and operated well on her own...quietly...but independently...to the girl that has learned to read, has an opinion on everything, made some great friends, been the apple of her teachers eye and become a wonderful little girl from a bounding toddler....yep....she's my princess....
...and that was it...easy peasy...just a few simple days and Dad was home from Switzerland....oh did we miss Daddy....but we felt like we accomplished so very much...and we managed to have some fun in the process...and I long for the awesome responsibility to prove to myself that we can do it...and have fun....and I can still be a loving Mommy and a career woman...but as soon as Daddy leaves...the longing begins again....for us to be whole...because the party of five is the best World we can have....




























No comments:
Post a Comment