...End of Summer...
...I'm like a broken record as I recount these memories....because I usually do it late in the evening when the house is quiet and cleaned up from a flurry of activity all day long...and the pictures chosen are almost the ones that make smile...and it truly is the best of the best that I post....because that's what I want them to remember....but they always start talking about how things are so great....
...no doubt that my children will have the 'time out bench' where they spend so much time, etched in their memories...or they will recount how the boys played so physical that often Ava would bow out and it ALWAYS ended with someone hurt....or that whomever was youngest in the scenario was taking the toys, games and books from the older ones...and that their volume was a constant source of contention...talking over others is NOT the way to solve the fact that no one is listening...but I digress....
...so yes, here is another post about awesome end of summer activities...about things being great and smiley...about soaking up the last of the sunshine until the lightening bugs are out and getting the very most out of time until school schedules were in place and constricting...
...and good times for us often lead us to Grafton, IL for boating and sharing our favorite little river town with friends...and apparently making sure that we forgot nothing in our overnight...
![]() |
| ...before too much judgement is passed...this was a double overnight with showers and hosting...but still not justifiable... |
...and Ava loved having a little girl around to show the ropes...
...and breaking bread in Grafton, IL with Brian and Courtney and our five kids combined....it doesn't feel like that long ago Brian introduced us to the river...and it certainly doesn't feel like that long ago that we were in Jamaica celebrating Brian and Courtney's wedding...
...and the view was awesome after this clan, all the way from Stonebriar to the river, made it to the top of the hike at Pere Marquette...
...Sara and I have been walking some mornings and while the alarm is so hard to hear early...I am loving catching up about our littles and their latest adventures over a healthy habit...and I adore that our families love to be together....this crew loves to swim, play and push back bedtimes...and that's not just the kiddos....
...and family time on the river is always such a treat too....
![]() |
| ...Papa and Grammy have the special touch to get this guy to sleepyland mid day... |
![]() |
| ...I caught the ring game winners at the moment of victory.... |
...and speaking of river friends...these two continue to keep us company as next door dock neighbors....and this weekend they were three with their grand-dog...John and Sherrie have been welcoming us into their lives since before kids and before Grafton was boating home....

...and the end of summer wasn't all boating...it brought the full eclipse and time together with the big kids and Mom/Dad...we had the opportunity to spend the afternoon together with the big kids and Mom's office on a family day...and the eclipse was quite a deal....crazy moments none of us will ever forget....
....and summer also closed with church pancake breakfasts and sports, sports, sports...
![]() |
| ...this is his current version of sports...parking with Dad in a helmet...safety first.... |
...and this kinda sums it up...these crazy two...
...summer brought Paxton to be a full time swimmer...no puddle jumper required....it brought Ava's 6th Birthday....tons of time with family and friends....repeat sports and firsts in sports....late evenings...and late mornings...and so many smiles....so much love...yep, I try and remember only the good....and memories that will certainly last a lifetime....
...cheers and sunshine, my loves...






















No comments:
Post a Comment