Monday, January 1, 2018

...fall fun...

...I got to walk these three to school on a 'hat day for hurricane victims' Friday a few weeks back....and I pinch myself most Friday's....in the morning because I am so very blessed to work for a company that has said 'take one day to act like a stay at home mom and enjoy your kiddos' since Chase was born....8 glorious years I have only worked Mon-Thursday....and I pinch myself at the end of the day to make sure I am still alive and have feeling....because these three are no joke on a full day together....although school has changed that a ton...since I don't have all three like I did in the summer..it's really just a Mommy/Paxy Day....once we walk with coffee up to the school together....
...and this particular day required a photo because late Friday afternoon took me to California to celebrate Uncle Chad's fiance's wedding shower...and time with my fave's....my sister and bro that I never had (until Kirky!) and my wonderful Mother in Law...it was truly sad Kirk stayed home to watch the kids...but he gets his turn in a few weeks....
...and speaking of stay at home mom days....we also do things like hit subway after a dentist visit....
...and this year has brought me to a new title...Sunday School Teacher...and while I don't do it often, it is so rewarding to do so that I can help with little minds while mommy and daddy's enjoy a quiet service....
...and I adore starting my Sunday mornings like this...
...a few other older highlights...like a bestie's bday party...

...and borrowed but perfect Halloween costumes and ends of baseball seasons...



...cheerleading awards, time for ice cream one-on-ones, 5k's as a family, and new adventures like boy scouts, girl scouts and so much more...



...and I find myself so hyper focused on raising good little people...and it is amazing what it is doing to me....it's forcing things that have always been aspiration goals but never attainable goals....things like teaching sunday school....and really supporting important causes....and taking the time for friendships....you know to show them how important these things are....and in return....yep, it's ten fold....I"m exhausted, far from perfect, but more fulfilled than I have been in a long time....don't get me wrong...I miss baby snuggles, not breaking my arms by holding my little people and the smell of a freshly bathed newborn....but these people...these three little folks are very inspiring....and I can only hope they don't wait as long as I did to practice out being the God loving, great friends and people of service that I know they will want to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment