We started preparing for Easter over the last few weeks...and since we have family all over the country, we start getting gifts for the holiday very early...we are very blessed...
...and when you are two, you don't grasp what tomorrow or the weekend might bring, so you live in the moment...which this week involved a new helmet for bike riding that had been getting a little dangerous...
...and speaking of preparations, we are preparing for a summer of FUN...which includes opening the swimming pool...and we were able to find a company that specializes in childproofing for pools...so with this mesh, climb proof fence that is made specifically for small children we are set for a pool opening later this week...
...and then we were off to the Ozarks for a long Easter weekend...we have been going since I was a teenager...it was a place we could meet my Grandparents that was in the middle and along the way we added family friends to the brunch...but a lot has changed since the beginning...and while a lot has changed, the tradition has remained and it is something that Kirk and I want to continue since it is so much fun...
...starting with a 2 year old trying to lay out the sleeping arrangements...although Gramma didn't end up sleeping with the small pillow on the hardwoods next to Chase...as he originally requested...
...and he did sleep in his pack and play but he ran to hop in bed with Papa and Gramma as soon as possible, and do you notice the airplane...it doesn't get too far away from us...and then it was time to start enjoying being away without the distractions of every day life...which was a welcome thing for all of us...
...again, the airplane...
...watching a storm roll in with Papa and listening to the 'boom boom's' isn't a bad way to start the day...and the rain didn't keep us from enjoying the lake once the clouds cleared...
...can you see Marley...she enjoys swimming in the lake so much...especially after Daddy's remote control boat...
...and as much as I love the bond Chase has with Daddy...I love the bond he has with Papa too...I never knew that this would happen...and I am in awe daily as I watch the love they have for each other...somehow Papa knows exactly how to talk to Chase so he understands and Chase always has something to tell Papa...but then again...only Gramma could charm Chase the snake out of the box this weekend...

...and this crew has been known to enjoy a meal or two....and the Ozarks always delivers on good food...so we went with an old standby for lunch and had our favorite fried potato salad...
...and while I think my children are great on a meal out...I think my fellow diners may disagree...but I am still proud of the manners that they are constantly working on...the phase we are in right now is talking about inside versus outside voices...and just when I think Chase has it down, Ava will let you a shriek and Chase has to yell at the top of his lungs, "That's your outside boice, Ava!"
...again, the airplane......and while I am proud of the relationships Chase is forming with his other family...I can't go without commenting on ours...I told Daddy in a text this week, 'I CANNOT wait for this weekend because I am dying for some time with my little man!'...He is the original light of my life and sometimes I still squeeze him so tight just because I know the days are numbered while he still lets me be such a big part of his life...
...and I am happy that we keep that bond because there is a little lady who steals a huge piece of my heart in a way I never thought was possible...since I am an only child of an only child of an only child...I never knew there was a love that was big enough for TWO little lights of my life...
...but alas it is so...and the Easter Bunny clearly felt the same way...









...and with all the eggs hunted and some serious candy devoured, it was time for the clan to clean up...and they do it so well...





...and with all that Easter Egg practice, it was time for the real thing...this is Chase's first time at the real hunt...and it when it was time...they were running off to the starting spot..
...but alas it is so...and the Easter Bunny clearly felt the same way...



...and with all the eggs hunted and some serious candy devoured, it was time for the clan to clean up...and they do it so well...



...and with all that Easter Egg practice, it was time for the real thing...this is Chase's first time at the real hunt...and it when it was time...they were running off to the starting spot...
...and he did great...within a few seconds he was off and collecting eggs on his own...but it was hard to focus on collecting the eggs without pausing to figure out their contents first...


No comments:
Post a Comment