Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Birthday to you...
I was thinking back on my posts and realized that we never documented the celebration of Papa's Birthday...and if this family does anything well...it is the meals!  So back in March, Chase helped Papa celebrate his birthday by baking a yummy pie...Papa's favorite dessert...and it wasn't complete until it was marked with a P...
...and later that evening it was time to celebrate again with the Cupcakes Chase chose personally for Papa...in fact, I asked him what he wanted to do for Papa's birthday and he told me...I want to get him cupcakes!...

 ...and Papa's little helper was quick to help out with the candles too...and perhaps I remembered Papa's Birthday because this week brought...Gramma's Birthday!...
 
...and as you might have guessed...Chase wanted cupcakes as his gift for Gramma too...in the grocery store he told me, Gramma wants the orange ones!  No idea on why the orange for Gramma but that was his pick...
...and I learned that from an early age kids are intrigued with birthdays...the candles, the singing, the sweets, it gets them...and Ava is starting to get it too...

 ...but it takes the whole clan to ensure that the Birthday wish comes true...and that the candles get blown all the way out... 
...the adult birthdays are a little different around here the last few years...they are a little simpler on the preparation, and a little less formal...but a whole lot sweeter...
...Thank you Lord for each and every day...and may your celebrations always be bright...

No comments:

Post a Comment