As I sit to type we are on our third day and night of pouring rains and thunderstorms...and we are ready for sunshine and warm weather...especially since we started this week with opening the pool for the very first time...
...and I had talked about starting potty training this week...but let's just say I am dreading it...so when I contemplated all the activities for the weekend...play dates, hosting a wedding shower, and a Cardinal's game...I was able to convince myself that I have one more week...but I better start taking the clues he is giving me...
...he is continuing to crack me up...these pictures started on the way to dinner with this, 'Daddy, I would like to wear your hat peaaaase!'

...My little Ava Belle turned 8 months this week...and 8 months brought her first good babbles...she is saying things like bababa, dadada and gagaga...and she is also standing up holding on to toys or tables...
...and getting so adventurous...I've heard of babies learning to walk without crawling and that may just happen with this one...she has taken her hands off the toy and coffee table and stood on her own more than once this week...

...tonight I asked her to give me a kiss, so she turned to me and did it...then I asked her again to show Daddy and she shook her head 'no.' She's really soaking up what's happening around her and finally starting to let us know what she is thinking...
...we were lucky enough to get tickets to the opening weekend for the Cardinals and we even managed to make it to the only one this weekend that didn't start on a rain delay...
...and we went without Ava...a special day with Mommy, Daddy and Chase and we talked about it all week...and so when the day finally came, we enjoyed all the ballpark has to offer...


...hot dogs, souvenir pennants, home runs with fireworks (boom booms), a Cardinals victory over the Cubs and a 7th inning stretch with our favorite song...Take Me Out to the Ballgame...and we got it all in before the rain started!...It was a very fun and exhausting afternoon...
...as we were eating dinner at home after the game and the TV was on in the living room...Chase yelled...'that's where we were'...and while he didn't actually see us when he said it...Daddy was able to rewind and point out that it truly was...you can see Daddy holding Chase if you look close enough...
Avas pigtails are awesome! You'll have to tell Uncle Chad that the purple PJs were Callies and he gave them to her. So glad they stayed in the fam! Love that pics from the game and how Chase conked out in the end. You are doing such a good job documenting everything! Think he'll be potty trained before his big week here? Ha! After watching the two big girls on the potty for the week, he may train himself. That's what happened to Elsie. She saw her two cousins in TX use the potty for our week visit and they day we got home she declared she would only wear panties. We never looked back. And she was 2 years and 4 mths! He may very well do the same. How great would that be? xxoo Can't wait!
ReplyDelete