Tuesday, January 1, 2013


...Holiday Break...

...13 days off work for both Kirk and I was the greatest gift we could have received (although we got a lot of nice gifts, so there were some close seconds)...but seriously...13 days, little plans and lots of togetherness...it's the perfect remedy to the crazed month of December...

...so outside of the Christmas fun...we got to take Chase to his weekly gym class...and I am sure he is happy each and every week but the smiles and high fives were plentiful, as was this statement, wook at this, Mommy and Daddy...one on one time with each kiddo is fantastic...
...and we also got the opportunity to go to Aunt Al and Uncle Tobie's house...or should I say, Aunt Aly Paly's house...and you can see how comfortable we all are when we are over there...
...such a comfy place that always smells delicious when you walk in and leaves you smiling from all the laughter and good conversations...and it was the first good snowfall that night...
...so the kiddos loved driving home in the new car, watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates and seeing the snow falling on the car while in their PJ's...it really is the good life in their little shoes...
...and this was all the snow we had the next morning, but any snowfall when you don't have any where to go is good in our world...so it seemed like a good time to check out Hidden Valley, the local ski mountain...but mountain is a stretch...
...so we checked it out and got Chase signed up for his first lesson...

...and since it was only two days away, the time came quickly and these boys were both excited...
...and after a ride up the magic carpet with Daddy...he was off with Ms. Nicki and learning to snow plow (like apple pie) and ski straight (like french fries)...

 ...Ms. Nicki was very patient and taught him some important things, but also took time to re-adjust mittens and goggles when they weren't on quite right...
 ...so after the success of lesson #1, we signed up for another and made plans for our first real outing included Mommy, Daddy and Papa on the slopes with Chase...and after a few runs with the rope tow he announced, 'I want to do the chairlifter thing, Daddy!'  So with a little apprehension, we headed up the mountain and he did great...I'm not sure we thought about the fact that the easiest runs to get down were all blue...but we managed the chair lift, in fact, he nailed the chair lift, and we managed the blue run down the mountain, just managed...and it was my shortest adventure in skiing ever, yet I think I was the most sore I have ever been between holding him, his gear and multiple sets of poles so someone else could hold him...As I told Chase getting out of the car, I have been waiting for the day I could take him skiing since he was born...to which Kirk quickly replied, 'but really no pressure Chase'...and it still makes me laugh to type it...
 ...but that is how all three of us were about the day...it was pouring down snow on New Years Eve morning and the slopes were anything but crowded with...and while I think Chase thoroughly enjoyed the skiing, Daddy, Papa and Mommy are the ones that can't stop talking about it...
...and the rest of the vacation was spent hanging out with no plans...we accomplished less during this break than we do on most average Saturdays and it was outstanding...PJ's were part of all breakfasts, some lunches and they made it to one dinner too...sunglasses were also a staple of the break...as was time on the couch watching football, reading books and watching airplanes on the ipad...

...and this cozy coupe makes me crazy...I've mentioned once or seventeen times, about the fights over it...which I thought was totally solved after Santa brought one for Chase...but apparently not...
...but 13 days of sibling togetherness has treated them very well...their friendship has been noticeably blossoming daily...he gives her hugs and kisses and talks to her...even is trying to teach her new words and new things...and she is reciprocating...I caught her leaning in to him tonight for a kiss...
...and we enjoyed the company of these two almost everywhere we went...they were interested in every new toy and every trip up or down the stairs...in fact, we almost ended up with Rose sleeping in Chase's room but we caught it at the last minute...

...and we rang in the new year simply...with a visit from Grandma and Papa...a 9pm bedtime for the kiddos which meant crab legs and steaks for Mommy and Daddy...and New Years Day started like this...

...we are very lucky to have a Daddy that loves to cook for us and he does a great job with his smoker...so we enjoyed a New Years feast with Grandma and Papa and toasted to the New Year...

...and tonight we prayed for our family and friends to have a wonderful New Year and Chase wanted to add a prayyoor in specifically for his sister...yes, this break has been a blessing for us all, with memories we will cherish...

...Happy 2013 to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment