Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sometimes I have all the photographic inspiration I need and sometimes I wonder...how will I weave this all together...so my thoughts on this week...in no particular order...

...Professional Celebrations for both Kirk and I in a big way...new colds that I hope go away as quickly as they came...two year old temper tantrums for someone that isn't even yet two...and talking from a three year old that wakes up with a story to tell and doesn't stop talking until he is completely tucked in bed and has tucked Mr. Bear in also...but along the way there have been some serious laughs and some serious reasons for crashing into bed nightly...

...After three nights away from these two, I was really ready for some bonding time with these two...
...so Friday we just hung out, ran some errands and talked., really talked...about airplanes and art projects and rocket ships and Minnie Mouse...
...lounging was on the list of weekend activities also...for some of us...
...and by the time Saturday came, everyone was ready for Daddy time and what better way than to build an airplane with pillow wings, tail and nose...and lots of wild turbulance!...
...these guys are everywhere...I no longer fear (while just typing this guarentees a disaster!) their capabilities because they are really starting to understand right from wrong and true danger from Mom's preferences...but Mom preferred them out of the new media cabinet and that carried no weight with either of them...
...and I mentioned celebrations...my husband's spontenaity and love of fun is one of the things that initially drew me to him...and I love that 12 years later, it hasn't faded...because who wouldn't enjoy getting picked up from the airport in a limo as a suprise...


...and a pizza party and some presents from Mommy's travels topped off this night....

...but we were able to get in a wonderful meal alone...
...and one with my parents also...it's been a great week...

...and then we were off for another tradition...the Car Show with Al and Tobie...and Chase was in for it this year...although Ava wasn't too excited about the event...Chase thought it was pretty cool...
...he thought it was number 1 in fact...and dinner out with family was a nice treat also...but the ride home was one of the serious laughs...

...Chase loves finding pictures of the Eiffel Tower since he knew that Daddy had a work trip to France a little while back...he does a great job identifying it (you have no idea how many places it is printed!)...but on the dark ride home from downtown St. Louis we passed a radio tower and heard, 'Mommy, Daddy, wook, the Eiffel Tower!' and without totally bursting his bubble, we let him know that it looked like it was just a radio tower...to which he replied...'hmm, a radio tower and not the Eiffel Tower, huh?'...long pause...'well, that is tricky!'...

 ...and while Mommy and Daddy are working each week, our little lovebugs get to release some energy with Grandma and Papa...and the piano has been a hotspot for both of them since Chase started walking...

...and while we rested up some over the weekend, there is not much time in this little life that I feel well rested...so while I am still sitting here at 10pm, listening to my little guy talk on the monitor to his penguin humidifier and his bear...I must take the opportunity and turn in...I've got a big week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment