Christmas 2012 memories...
These are the hardest posts...no words can describe the last week and how grateful I am to have the family I have and experience the fun times we have enjoyed...the time together, eight days so far and counting, the answered wishes from Santa, the first falling snow of the season, and a new truck for our family are the first things that come to mind when I try to recount...
...and even as I take down all of the Christmas decorations...and I absolutely love to take them down as much as I love to put them up....because just as excited as I am to get them out, I like having my house back in order...and those who know me, know that doesn't mean super organized, but simply a vacuumed floor without pine needles and big baskets to get the toys off the floor...but regardless, I am happy thinking about all of the fun memories and what Christmas 2012 meant to us...
...a few words to sum it up for us...thankful, relaxed, plentiful, Merry and bright...just as Christmas should be...
...but like I said, my words won't ever do it justice...so I will let some of the pictures do the talking...starting with picking up the new car...and every member of the family is in love...
...and writing a letter to Santa together...something that I envisioned would say, "Merry Christmas and thanks for the presents'...got very detailed and spread on to multiple pages...I should have known Chase would have a lot to say...
...and even though the kids were up at 6:45 (that should read Chase...not kids...but we woke them up together to experience Christmas morning all together) and it was still dark outside...it didn't take long for all of us to dive into the moment...and one of the sweetest moment's from Chase was his first comment when he arrived downstairs...'wook, Ava, Santa brought you A CASTLE!'...which kind makes up for the 'Mommy, Daddy, come get me, I want to see what I got!'...which is how the day started...

...and Chase wasn't the only one marveling at others new toys...

...new shooooes and a new computer...
...want to know how you can tell if Ava is in love with something?...
...and we finally have two...let's hope the fights subside over this little vehicle...
...but most of the day looked like this...
...and matching jackets...which were from totally different people in different states...too funny...
...and yes, we did all this before breakfast...so we sat down for some coffee cake and fruit...which could only last about 10 minutes since there were new toys to be played with...
...and then it was time to get clothes on for Christmas dinner...
...with a quick change to try on new clothes from Bambi...
...and then the feast...which was shorter than the old, pre-children days...and if I learn anything from the kiddos...let it be that I don't need to spend so much time on the meal when there is fun to be had...
..and forts to break into....
...and getting some time in with Papa once she invaded the boys fort (which was their camping trip...Chase has such an imagination!)....
...even Marley got some time in with the toys, which was good because our friends brought their dog, Rose to stay with us for a week so these were Marley's last few moments as the only doggie in the castle...
...and then just like that...it was time for PJ's again...but not without playing Princess Castle with Daddy...

...and taking some silly pics in silly PJ's that would get lots of ridicule for Mommy and Daddy...
...and a few last spins in the fishing boat...that has slept in the bed with him every night since...
...and with this little personality that is developing...Chase is starting to think Ava is worth paying more attention to...even calling her, his friend Ava, this week...instead of just, siiiistttttterrrrr!...

...and these wrestling moves are a product of that new friendship...and she loves it just as much as he does...
...and still shots can't capture the awesome laughter of two babes enjoying each other to the fullest but I sure hope I never forget that sound...it is just part of what made this holiday and time together so sweet...
...and will keep us looking forward to next year for 364 more days...






























No comments:
Post a Comment