...Here comes Peter Cottontail...
...Easter has historically been a time for all of us to pack up and head to the Ozarks for a long weekend of relaxation, shopping, and eating that culminates in a brunch with the Easter Bunny, which has been comical with both of my children as one year olds...they are little bunny stalkers...but this year we were honored to celebrate a great friends wedding the night before Easter...so we were home bound and decided to make some new traditions at home...
...and it was the perfect year to stay home and settle in...I had my annual sales meeting trip that takes me away from the family for 4 nights just the week before...and it finished with a 12 inch snowstorm that kept me away from these little love bugs one extra day...

...but it didn't keep them from having fun...
...and there are some pretty funny videos from this day too...while Chase is one with the snow...my girl is far from a snow bunny...in one video she declares to Daddy that she is not having fun...
...but Daddy knows how to have all kinds of fun...
...like movie nights complete with popcorn and trips to see the bunny...
...although this isn't really a fun face...she's surely in a phase to question things...like over sized animals that talk to her...
...but they enjoyed things like just hanging out in the living room in pj's...
...but they enjoyed things like just hanging out in the living room in pj's...
...and finally, I was home... and once I conquered this...
...I was greeted with this...
...and all was right in my world again...I love that Chase and Ava and Daddy have so much fun together alone...they are three peas in a pod with Marley and as soon as I walk in the door, I can sense just how much fun they had...from the little toys that are Ava's favorites tucked into new hiding places in the house to the new art projects and stickers that have been stuck in my absence...
...and Chase gets it...he asks which airlines we fly on when we go and what he might get as a present upon our return in exchange for good behavior...but Ava doesn't quite understand it all yet...but it didn't matter to her because she is in quite a Daddy's girl phase...she has learned exactly what to tell Daddy...like after a tantrum full of kicking and screaming, she will look right towards Daddy and say, 'I wuv you, Dadddeee!' and first thing in the morning, regardless of who gets her out of bed, she is searching the house saying,
'hi, Dadddeee, hi Daddeee, Daddeeee?'
...but the moment I lay my hands on them all after a trip, I cannot stop hugging and kissing...and I am going to continue that as long as they will let me...
...and since I arrived home on a Monday..I snuck off to Chase's school during nap time...something I have never done...and of course I arrived on the 1 day out of 20 that he actually fell asleep for nap...but I didn't let it stop me from waking him on his little cot, eyes closed on his special rocket pillow...the way he breaks out in a smile when he hears my voice before his eyes are even open still melts my heart...
...so we spent a few days being lazy and enjoying each others company...
...and then it was time to get ready for Easter...so we tried out some of our childhood memories on them and colored eggs...
...we all tried our hand with it...literally...
...and then it was time for the big day...
...and all baskets aside...it was the perfect time for me to be reminded of the reason for the season...to fear nothing when you put your faith in the Lord...
...and it was a good time for me to be reminded of that lesson...
...and after an eventful, and extremely full Easter service...we were headed home to find that the bunny had visited and hid eggs all over the house!...
...and we feasted in celebration...and soaked up the first warm sun of the spring season...






























No comments:
Post a Comment