Monday, August 19, 2013

...Sweet, sweet blog...

...things around here have been sweet...literally...lots of sugar...but lots of sweet, sweet memories we are making too...like Grandma finally coming home from Maine...
...and Papa too...
...and taking our first bike ride on the Katy Trail with the kiddos...Chase loved it and Ava loved it for the first 8 of the 10 miles...the last two...well, they weren't her favorite...

...and more sweet memories included a night of bathing and getting ready for bed...and then being told that we are going on a night ride to the airport to watch Daddy land a plane he has flown all the way from Germany...
...and since he had been gone for four days and three birthdays...we were all ready to see Daddy...
...and check out his companies new plane...looks like a nice way to travel...

...and Daddy was able to get out early later in the week and surprise Chase at school with a day game to see the Cardinals beat up on the Pirates...

...and Ava's first visit to the Dance Studio...and she loved to learn to twirl...
...almost as much as she loves to pet Marley's head and suck her thumb...those two are too funny together...

...and I have meetings every few weeks in which we talk about one word to describe how your feeling...the idea is that if you are doing great, you will inspire your partners...and if you are in a trouble spot...your partners will know and will help pick you up...and whether or not this is working, I'm learning a lot about myself in the process...when I start with a positive word...the meetings go well, regardless of the material being positive or not...and when I start with a challenged word, the meeting follows...

...so it's like that on the blog and it is like that in life...I'm seeing it more and more the older I get...we all have a choice with where we let our attitude rest...and it isn't always easy...in fact, we have been tested recently in this home...and these tests in life will continue...but it is how we respond...that sets the tone for our little ones and ultimately ourselves...

...so I am choosing tonight to focus on the positives...like the little blessings in my life that I longed for...and giving a few extra kisses...and letting out one less sigh on a trip back up the stairs to another request for Mommmmmmyyyyy....and the husband that I longed for growing up as a little girl to a young adult...the who flies airplanes around the world  and makes all of us so proud in this house...and the family that fills our home throughout the year but especially around Birthdays...

...and for the real "sweet" memories...stay tuned for Ava's birthday blog...the event spanned over two Saturdays...and included lots of visitors, presents, cake and love...


No comments:

Post a Comment