Friday, August 23, 2013

...First Day of School...

...I've been wracking my brain for something creative or funny to write about Ava's first day at Goddard School...but I am coming up with very little...so without much more delay...here are the photos of a day that started with complete excitement for both her and Chase...
...since she always wants to do what big brother does...she has been dying to go to school with Chase for quite some time...so when we picked out her outfit the night before, she ran around saying, 'I'm goin school chassssssse!'

 ...and Chase was excited to have his sister going with him...it took him a few less requests to get dressed for the big day...and he quickly introduced Ava to his classmates, 'Carter, Carter, that's my siiiister!'

...and once we dropped off Chase, little princess skipped all the way to her class with her backpack...she had a great first day...and day two drop off was a little rough...as to be expected...but this is a place to focus on the positive...and that is just what her teachers told me she did as soon as I left...all smiles and ready to do art...she sings and dance in music and is adjusting very nicely...

...and in true preschool fashion...after a week of two toddlers in school, we are all home sick on a Friday afternoon...I won't miss that part of back to school once we all have touch immune systems...

...but to say week one was a success is an understatement...let's hope she continues to skip to class and skip through life with that strong independent spirit...

1 comment: